New Walmart Fat Tire Bike coming in a couple weeks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can anyone resist a 7 speed dual disk brake fat bike for $225? Shipping weight is identical to the single speed beast sitting at 46lbs. Must have an aluminum frame this time.

The 46 pounds is just wrong for the Beast. Mine weighs 49.8 pounds after I removed the reflectors and chain guard. And that doesn't include the 10-15 pound cardboard box it shipped in.

the Dolomite specs do say "Frame: aluminum/steel" which I take to mean aluminum frame, steel fork.

Nope! I have to admit, I am trying to work out the shipping cost to Australia, I know it would be too much, but still want to try...

Luke.

Pardon the dumb question, do you have Wal*marts in Australia? Seems silly to ship a bike from China, to the USA, to Australia when China to Australia would be a lot closer.

Its crazy that they are Aluminum for the price. I wonder what the frame weighs? A stock beast frame is 9 pounds. I bet the Alu frame is around 6. Thats about the same a Surly Moonlander!

Pardon the dumb question, do you have Wal*marts in Australia? Seems silly to ship a bike from China, to the USA, to Australia when China to Australia would be a lot closer.

In Oz they are called Wallaby*Mart :grin:

The 46 pounds is just wrong for the Beast. Mine weighs 49.8 pounds after I removed the reflectors and chain guard. And that doesn't include the 10-15 pound cardboard box it shipped in.

the Dolomite specs do say "Frame: aluminum/steel" which I take to mean aluminum frame, steel fork.

I was just quoting Wal*mart.com on the shipping weight of the Beast and the Dolomite. Maybe they got more accurate with weight this time around. 46 lbs. seems right for an aluminum frame/steel fork fat bike.

Last edited:
Nope! I have to admit, I am trying to work out the shipping cost to Australia, I know it would be too much, but still want to try...

Luke.

fedex do com just quoted me 760 usd for a 60 pound box to Victoria and that was them not asking for box dimensions. Most bike boxes are "oversized" and can double, triple or run the cost even higher.

It seems like someone would be shipping containers to Australia for people who don't want to pay shipping. I wonder if you could get in touch with one of those guys??

For me, its because I already have a Pugsley. However, I'm thinking about getting a Masiff to play with just the same...

I have a feeling the Massif is going to be very heavy for 5-7 year olds. Some parts on the Massif are looking interesting tho, especially the rear wheel. It sure would be a nice addition to my Wal*mart Manta Ray but the price is too steep for the Massif at the moment. Surprised the 26 inch version is only 30 bucks more.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is the best question, by the time it got here it would have been right the way around the world! :crazy2:

One of the big stores here does carry bikes from pacific cycle but they only just got the 29er's about a year ago, so maybe and I am really hoping eventually we may get something along the lines of a Beast/Dolomite available. I bet we wont get it for under $400 though... o_O We need Walmart to move in over here...

It seems like someone would be shipping containers to Australia for people who don't want to pay shipping. I wonder if you could get in touch with one of those guys??
This could be an option, many people ship cars and motorbikes and may have room enough for a box, big problem then though is getting it from the port to where I live, shipping within Australia is ridiculous! It would have to be by courier only and would be about $150 just to get it from the port to our place... I actually bought some beast wheels from a member on here a while back and had them added on to a shipment my Brother was getting over from the US, which meant they went to Darwin, which was cool as we were heading up there for a trip and could bring them back with us, unfortunately we forgot them up there so I looked at getting them shipped down, the cheapest I could find is $150, needless to say they are still in Darwin...

Luke.

Its crazy that they are Aluminum for the price. I wonder what the frame weighs? A stock beast frame is 9 pounds. I bet the Alu frame is around 6. Thats about the same a Surly Moonlander!
It will be awesome if the Dolomite is actually aluminum. The pics on Wally's site is showing what appears to be a steel frame model.

It will be awesome if the Dolomite is actually aluminum. The pics on Wally's site is showing what appears to be a steel frame model.

Like I stated earlier (not calling you out)...the weight of the bike in the ad doesn't add up if the Dolomite is steel. Take the weight of a stock Beast (49.8 lbs.) and add 7 cog gear cluster, derailleur, longer chain, disk brakes, threadless headset (which adds weight), and all necessary cables. Doesn't quite add up to 46 shipped pounds if it still has a steel frame. PLus, wal*mart site states frame material to be aluminum/steel. Which rickpaulos pointed out that the frame is aluminum and the forks are steel.

Like I stated earlier (not calling you out)...the weight of the bike in the ad doesn't add up if the Dolomite is steel. Take the weight of a stock Beast (49.8 lbs.) and add 7 cog gear cluster, derailleur, longer chain, disk brakes, threadless headset (which adds weight), and all necessary cables. Doesn't quite add up to 46 shipped pounds if it still has a steel frame. PLus, wal*mart site states frame material to be aluminum/steel. Which rickpaulos pointed out that the frame is aluminum and the forks are steel.
We'll know soon enough. I'm laying low on this one until it is known what they're actually shipping. :cool2:

We'll know soon enough. I'm laying low on this one until it is known what they're actually shipping. :cool2:

PULLED THE TRIGGER

I couldn't handle the adrenaline rush I was getting by adding the Dolomite to my Wal*mart cart so I guess I will know by next Thursday March 13th. Can't wait!

Last edited:
One of the big stores here does carry bikes from pacific cycle but they only just got the 29er's about a year ago, so maybe and I am really hoping eventually we may get something along the lines of a Beast/Dolomite available. I bet we wont get it for under $400 though... o_OLuke.

Try contacting that store that carries Pacific bikes. Lobby them to get the Dolomite added to their line up. Hey, isn't the Dolomite about the same color on the flag? Plea to their nationality.

I see there's close up pictures and tech specs on the Mongoose Fat Bikes facebook group. Frame and fork are steel.
Looks like its got an alloy micro adjusting seat pin, and 32 spoke wheels. so that would save weight over a steel seat pin and 36 spoke wheels

Walmart estimated delivery for Thursday 3-13
I got my shipment notification from UPS this a.m. and I will have it 3-11. WooHoo

Now I need to buy a crank puller so I can grease er up before I ride it.

Latest posts

Back