The Silver Straight Bar Special - FINISHED!! PICTURES AND VIDEO!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OOPS! :oops: I didn't know char was from Venus and not from Mars. Sorry Miss Char. Build on with your bad self!
I am a guy Kingfish! :cool2: It's Funkme that's the Gal! :D

Sorry dude, somehow I thought that the post that Miss Funk was replying to was mine. What a major mix up on my part! :crazy::crazy:

So a little update. I've been doing some polishing up today using the Brasso. I may go over it again and put some wax on it to protect it, but it certainly is shiny! :D

Little mockup look at it together with the chain guard and fender.

Next step is to get the paint off the forks! :crazy2: Charlie :D

:21: I think KF has been hittin the juice to much.:grin:
Even made me go HUH:39::21:

Frame looks fab,ahhhh so that's the trick:thumbsup: Fairbank flyer was a fave,I have it on my pc.;)
I want to do my higgins like that...
She needs lots o TLC
1940\'s JC Higgins.jpg

Lookin Great!
Thanks Pick! :D

It looks great! I know what you mean about having to take breaks from it occasionally, I do the same.

Good luck, Rg

Thank you. Yeah sometimes you just need to take a step back, take a break and then start a fresh after a few hours. :crazy2: :thumbsup:
Your perseverance paid off, it looks great. Good luck with fork!

Thanks so much. Yep hope to get to work on on the fork on Sunday, got some time then.:)
:21: I think KF has been hittin the juice to much.:grin:
Even made me go HUH:39::21:
:D
Frame looks fab,ahhhh so that's the trick:thumbsup: Fairbank flyer was a fave,I have it on my pc.;)
I want to do my higgins like that...
She needs lots o TLCView attachment 4724
Oooo.. that's very kind of you. I'm pleased you liked the Fairbank Flyer, it was good fun to build!! That Higgins is very cool! Can't wait to see it! :cool: :thumbsup:

KF,
Confusion is a side effect to riding and building. So is creating a beer theme bike.
:D

Things are going good. More paint removal on the fork tomorrow!

Shiny raw metal, love it

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
Thank you :)

Looks really good

I can just see the sweat poured into cleaning up that frame, results are spectacular!!!
Cheers! It's been super hard, but well worth it! Starting to look nice!

My arm hurts looking at this!! Great job buddy!
Thanks Jake! :thumbsup:

Been a busy few days but been running out into the garden every spare moment I have to try and get the paint off the fork. It's coming off so much easier than the frame that's for sure. More to come, but here is where i'm at at the moment. A few taster shots.

Hey guys and girls, nearly done on the fork. Here's a few pics.

Started on the second part of the fork, that should all be polished up and done tomorrow

It started to get too dark to see outside, so I thought I'd call it a day and finish up tomorrow. I also went past my local DIY store today and picked up some gloss black paint. I have been thinking how cool it would be to paint the wheels up gloss black and swap the cream tyres for some black. Mmm... It could look super fun all black wheels and tyres with the bare metal. More of that tomorrow, the black paint is ready and waiting! :39:

So the fork is coming along, just need to finish up the polishing and a few little spots of paint still to be removed. I did manage to get the wheels painted though!

First off they needed a good clean up around the hubs.

A little shine up

Mask up time.

I covered the center and side parts of the hubs, so they will stay shiny and silver. they did clean up quite nice and should look nice with a little metal showing in the middle.

I decided to go with a Matt black an not the gloss.

So I left them to dry over night. But they came out quite nice. Should look mean with the bare metal! :cool2::D

Latest posts

Back