CYCO

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it at Masters Luke. First time I've seen it in a rattle can as well. I tried it out on a scrap piece of tube today, and it is quite flat.......I was expecting a bit more gloss, but looks good.
Cool! Got a Masters coming in down here the start of next year, will grab some then!

Luke.

Originally, this frame had a big ugly coaster brake arm mount welded onto it.........so I cut it off :D. Been trying to come up with an idea to attach the brake arm to the frame, and finally thought of this. It also means the brake arm is nearly hidden..........just need to turn up a spacer to go between the gusset and brake arm.

P1010204.jpg

This worked perfectly on my frame!

I LIKE BIKES

WE NEED PICS NOOOO TEASE!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

OK karfer.....just for you.

I got home this afternoon (Sunday in Australia) from out of town gigs and working on our beach house, and should have slept, but I checked out the forum........so quickly threw it together and took a pic........can't let a brother down Adam ;).
Still have to clear coat the fork and finish off the "cup holder". The final adjustments like saddle and bar angles will be determined at final assembly.

Not the best pic........the sun was nearly down and with no natural light, the color isn't showing too well.

P1010215.jpg

Last edited:
The original cranks I was going to use would have been a bit long after I cut the steer tube and dropped the front end lower, so I had to go and buy a new set. I got the BB conversion done and cranks fitted last night.......chainline is perfect:).
Also got most of the work done on the speaker in the cup holder.......thumps nicely for a small speaker. I will be attaching the whole pod to the frame with velcro, so I can quickly remove it to access the hidden MP3 player and plug the devices into a USB port for recharging.

P1010229.jpg

P1010230.jpg

I was going to finish off the console/speaker pod today when I got home from work, but found the chain I was looking for and decided to fit it. Threw a set of pedals on as well and found a bolt for the coaster brake arm. I rode it around for 30 minutes or so, then took my son across the road to the park to ride around and play with a toy helicopter, and took a pic while we were there.
It's nearly done now, just have to finish off the speaker pod, and maybe change the pedals. I'm real happy with how it turned out..........it would look a bit better with the saddle lower, but would lose a fair bit of rideability, and as it sits now, it's pretty comfortable to ride (for someone short like me anyway).

P1010242.jpg

I was going to finish off the console/speaker pod today when I got home from work, but found the chain I was looking for and decided to fit it. Threw a set of pedals on as well and found a bolt for the coaster brake arm. I rode it around for 30 minutes or so, then took my son across the road to the park to ride around and play with a toy helicopter, and took a pic while we were there.
It's nearly done now, just have to finish off the speaker pod, and maybe change the pedals. I'm real happy with how it turned out..........it would look a bit better with the saddle lower, but would lose a fair bit of rideability, and as it sits now, it's pretty comfortable to ride (for someone short like me anyway).

P1010242.jpg
Waaaay:cool2:!!,excellent job!!!

The original cranks I was going to use would have been a bit long after I cut the steer tube and dropped the front end lower, so I had to go and buy a new set. I got the BB conversion done and cranks fitted last night.......chainline is perfect:).
Also got most of the work done on the speaker in the cup holder.......thumps nicely for a small speaker. I will be attaching the whole pod to the frame with velcro, so I can quickly remove it to access the hidden MP3 player and plug the devices into a USB port for recharging.

P1010230.jpg

Care to share details on wiring this up? I won't lie this is an awesome idea!! You going to put in a tweeter?

I LIKE BIKES

Nice build.....like your ideas.....been contemplating a sound system in the large wooden tank I built for the Flat-Tracker....Pull off the propane and re-install the vintage speed sprocket and have a decent rider...

Latest posts

Back