FENIX- Finished!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your inspirations are beautiful. I'm a confirmed dieselpunk, so those are right up my alley.

There's beauty in the designs of the past…I love them.

Great concept to go forward with.
The crank looks awesome,looks like it fits your design perfect.

Yeah, sometimes I feel like a "Shadchan" (match maker) of bicycle parts.:grin:

Well, I got the paint off and removed the seat post. Playing around with a cardboard seat template.

That is beautiful, I am already jealous!! Love it!![emoji106][emoji106]

I did well today; I’m satisfied with the seat mock up. I now need to expand the rear wheel stays. I usually run a 24" x 57mm wheel set with Felt Thick Bricks tires. I'm going to push the envelope this time and run a wider 100mm rear wheel and tire.

Love the seat design, what will you make the finished version from?

Luke.

I’m thinking fiberglass? Yesterday’s work on the seat was a bit premature, since I now want to widen the rear stays to accommodate a 100mm tire. I’ll ordered the rims today and hopefully they’ll arrive sometime next week?

Today, the guys at the bike shop bestowed another addition towards my build. Sadly its a narrow rim…if I do use the motor, I'll have to lace it to the fat rims I ordered this morning.

Worked on building a frame jig today

Sure it's ghetto jerry-rigged, but hey, it works!;)

Man... you've got some seriously generous bike shop guys o_O

I've never seen them before, but I love those Metropolis crank/transmissions... and you've been given three :13:

Metropolisposter.jpg

Glen.

Man... you've got some seriously generous bike shop guys o_O

I've never seen them before, but I love those Metropolis crank/transmissions... and you've been given three :13: Glen.

I love that Metropolis poster…I have an 8 ft version that hangs in my office.

The bikes guys are seriously some cool dudes!!! The shop is an unorthodox co-op…nothing pretentious! Everything they've given me has been donated by members. It's a sweet place to hang out, almost any given day, bike legends l.e., Otis Guy, Tom Kelly, Joe Breeze or Gary Fisher are hanging around.

Latest posts

Back