Bike Art - Wall Hangers - Yard Art - What have you?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
MANY of the bikes here should be considered ART,
but has anyone done anything purposely as artwork?
I am reminded of Picasso's Bull...
picassobullshead.gif

Carl.

Here's another one I just finished, "Pinky", for a Rotartact club at my college. Their colors are pink and their cause is recycling. Now I'm out of scrap parts.
pinky5_zpso0xpyznv.jpg

I've got a few bikes leaning against trees throughout the yard but, the wife wanted a bike for one of her gardens.
Here is a Huffy tandem that I threw together for her.

1cd77da0c1c1185e857d1f123faca2bb.jpg

89d600d0d0e5d63ff65ef5f0a27a3069.jpg

It's all about the Rescue / Revival and of course the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

my FB page
https://m.facebook.com/antiquebikerescue

Last edited:
Ha, there's a Lotta dudes that would love to have that frame !

Ha, there's a Lotta dudes that would love to have that frame !
I welded it up for display on the "Rusty Bike Trail". It's a Hack Bike made from a Huffy and old pieces and is all crooked as I just slapped it together for display. If you look at it from the front you can easily see it looks like a pretzel. The fork is bent, the pedal threads in the crank are stripped, the wheels are steel 27 inch potato chip frozen spokes, and there is no guts in the headset. The seat is a bare steel pan so that will rust in time. There was an old rusty bike on the trail when it was cut but someone pinched it. The Idea was to make a bike so bad that none of it could be used and it would only be good for scrap. It has barn screws with stripped driving heads holding it to the trees. A real maggot, but everyone likes it. There is a similar bike I made at the other end of the trail. The wheels turned so we pushed it to it's final resting place and put the fenders on after it was pushed. The guy that helped me put the bike up made an engraved "Rusty Bike Trail" sign. He made some kind of homemade CAD device from old computer and printer parts that burns the letters into the wood the signs for our trails.

Last edited:
Here's an old Rollfast that was taking up space in the shop .

20170417_160330.jpg

Latest posts

Back