Anyone planning for next year yet?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, so I know most of us, me included, are still pushing hard to get our bikes done, but my brain keeps coming up with new ideas for the next build...

I'm thinking a dragbike this time... Just tried sanding down a car tire to make a slick, the same way I have done BMX tires in the past, it worked really well, then I found some stencils online to paint the GoodYear logo on to them! Already started sketching build designs around a fat slick...

Anyone else got ideas flowing yet?

Luke.

Luke, this being my first ever MBBO I had no idea what to expect. After viewing some of the entrants this year, I have a few ideas for a build next year that will probably fit everyone's parameters of a "muscle bike" more closely than my Shelby Woody did this year. I still like my build this year, don't get me wrong! Here is a frame I picked up this fall that I will use. Could use some help in identifying it if anyone has ideas...? Uses 24" wheels, and I won't be using that cool Columbia springer that came with the purchase on this build. That's going to be reserved for my BO- 11 build next summer! Here are some pics:

Nice frame OJ, have you posted it in the ID forum? Pics with a serial number and you might have it ID'd by this time tomorrow.

Love the Springer on this one.

I have two ideas in mind if I get in on this next year, and yes Luke one does involve the craigar ss mag I have.

But that's almost a year away, a lot of time between now and then.

Nice frame OJ, have you posted it in the ID forum? Pics with a serial number and you might have it ID'd by this time tomorrow.

Love the Springer on this one.
Thanks my Shakesbeerean friend..! Okay...I've almost stopped laughing now...haha! I have such a good time when I'm around. I will check out the ID forum. Have a great Saturday! Of course, it's sunny and 50's today and tomorrow, but the BACK40 shed goes up on Tues....raining and 46, and wind...:envy:

Thanks my Shakesbeerean friend..! Okay...I've almost stopped laughing now...haha! I have such a good time when I'm around. I will check out the ID forum. Have a great Saturday! Of course, it's sunny and 50's today and tomorrow, but the BACK40 shed goes up on Tues....raining and 46, and wind...:envy:
Sunny and 45° here, 70° and toasty in my garage. Puttin some black on stormtrooper

Would like to enter into something but just not quite sure which build-off to go into at the moment as I have several ideas in my head as well as one that I have mocked up on the PC!!! I know for sure though, that I have been saving this piece for one of the builds

It is quite a unique fender emblem and just stuck it on the fender of the Electra with blu-tac to see how it sized up. Now just to sort out what it will be going on as well as getting my welding skills up to scratch.

You have to wheel & deal a lot of bikes & parts to make it work .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someday I really want to build out Afterburner my X53 frame muscle bike. Maybe it will happen next year.

Someday I really want to build out Afterburner my X53 frame muscle bike. Maybe it will happen next year.
Really do want to see that build happen! :rockout:

Luke.

So I have my plan for next year, hopefully a modified banana will fit the bill. If not my apes will be funky.

Latest posts

Back