Have your say on rules for MBBO#05!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Ok
Wait a minute, I got lost in all of this. Yellow light here.
I just realized all this back and forth is happening in a thread titled: Have your say on rules for MBBO#5

We were originally discussing potential rule changes for next year, I still like the three class distinction.

Fantastic justification for insults and name calling. Not to mention the FACT that you completely missed the point made. Or maybe you didn't, and are just attempting to direct attention away from it because you don't agree. Either way, if insults are the only way you know how to make a post, then I understand why you don't post on the site much.

Just calling it like I see it. Done, say what ya want assume what ya want.

Don't forget they're just bikes.

We have a top three in both classes, we have 38? great builds. Biggest MBBO ever, I say we stop pissin in the wind and let it be what it is.

We've all gotten into this hobby for whatever reason. Me, I started doing this to get away from vices.
I'm a recovered heroin addict, and a semi recovering alcoholic.(that means I still drink occasionally), but it's still just a freaking hobby. Be thankful for life, health, and family. Bikes are just a bunch of minerals that will eventually return to earth, just like all of us.

I've decided, in my mind there is only one true winner in this build off. And she wasn't even involved in the build off. Somebody please post a pic of the girl who got unauthorized cinnamon as her new bike, I can't do it from my phone.

That girl is THE winner here, muscle bike or not, the smile on her face is better than any bragging rights or gold membership.

One class stock with period correct accessories and or accurate reproductions. I would like to see more of these type builds and have more of the real muscle bike guys participating. You could call this class "legit"

One class for modified. Must have a banana seat and apes/ram horns/butterfly bars or a steering wheel. Anything goes beyond that. Or just anything goes. This class could be called "radical"

There's my 2 cents on the rules but I really don't care other than it would be cool to see more actual muscle bikes involved.

I think some of this year's voters think "muscle bike" is the bike that requires the most muscle to pick it up or ride it.:rofl:

For next year, whatever the rules are, I'm calling dibs now on the name "Sour Grape Krate" .

:21::21::21:

(All joking aside, congratulations to Ratrodz for winning by playing the giant loophole in the stated rules for this competition. It is truly an awesome build!)

Exactly

CRASH's winning bike was posted on facebook in 2013 and my bike was posted on facebook last year.

Had to post this pic with a short description on the RRB FaceBook group page:

park8_zpsa5921e42.jpg~original

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ratrodbikes/

Luke.

I didn't get a lot of votes from it but I built the bike to suit my own taste. ratrodz' bike just has a lot broader appeal.

Making the banana seat a must would close the loophole I think..(as it would ruin that bike)..:D

But yeah it's just a top notch build with great pics...and he had no idea he was going to run away with the voting. I hope he keeps at it.

One class stock with period correct accessories and or accurate reproductions. I would like to see more of these type builds and have more of the real muscle bike guys participating. You could call this class "legit"

One class for modified. Must have a banana seat and apes/ram horns/butterfly bars or a steering wheel. Anything goes beyond that. Or just anything goes. This class could be called "radical"

There's my 2 cents on the rules but I really don't care other than it would be cool to see more actual muscle bikes involved.

:21::21::21:

Exactly

CRASH's winning bike was posted on facebook in 2013 and my bike was posted on facebook last year.

I didn't get a lot of votes from it but I built the bike to suit my own taste. ratrodz' bike just has a lot broader appeal.

Making the banana seat a must would close the loophole I think..(as it would ruin that bike)..:D

But yeah it's just a top notch build with great pics...and he had no idea he was going to run away with the voting. I hope he keeps at it.
Hey Chad,
What do you think about turning a 26" girl's dragstripper into a 26" men's dragstripper? Would that be class one or two?

I have thought long and hard about how to word this, for a while there, I was just thinking: 'Stuff it! Not doing another MBBO, too much work and people are never happy. They are meant to be fun bikes and a fun build-off, but it is just not happening."

I was proud of the rules I set out, they have been refined a little every year, and they usually result in very few or no arguments at all. It has been a great recipe and up till now I have been happy to do the work to make it happen.

@CRASH I am taking your comments on board, I think that is a fair enough call that it could affect voting.

As for the Magazine spread that Pedro was in, as far as I am concerned that was an opportunity not to be missed, even if it disqualified me I still would have done it.

As for the posting of 'official' pics on FaceBook or Instagram, that is up to Rat Rod to decide if he feels it is an issue.

All that being said, and I am talking to everyone here, I feel it is wrong to say that those events are the reason those two bikes won, we had about 100 people vote, we had more than that following along the builds as they happened.
If you look at the early comments on X Factor, there are many people excited to see an X-53 in the mix, it is more than reasonable to assume they were excited to see it finished too!
With Pedro it is a bit hard for me to be objective, seeing as I built it, but I think the 30+ pages of comments speaks for itself...

Whatever objections are made, those two bikes are the winners and they both abided by the rules set out at the start. Don't take any credit away because of personal tastes!

Can we please move on now from this whole subject and work constructively towards some more refined rules for next year?

--------------------------------------
Regarding some suggestions that have been made, I am liking the ideas regarding a 'Rebuild/refurb original Muscle bike with period correct accessories Class 1' and an 'Open class that must have all three requirements: Apes, Banana, Tire size rake for Class 2'

Any more classes than that I think would be a mistake, someone had the idea that all 4 suggested classes could be voted on one page, but there is no provision for that in the voting thread options unfortunately, great idea though! :thumbsup:

The biggest problem I can see with that suggested 2 Class set up is bikes like what Crash has been building the last couple of years (very original just bigger) would end up in Class 2 with the crazy people. I'm not sure if that is reasonable or not.

Luke.

I've decided, in my mind there is only one true winner in this build off. And she wasn't even involved in the build off. Somebody please post a pic of the girl who got unauthorized cinnamon as her new bike, I can't do it from my phone.

That girl is THE winner here, muscle bike or not, the smile on her face is better than any bragging rights or gold membership.
20160109_141904.jpeg

20160109_141916.jpeg

Awesome work @roadwarrior

We've all gotten into this hobby for whatever reason. Me, I started doing this to get away from vices.
I'm a recovered heroin addict, and a semi recovering alcoholic.(that means I still drink occasionally), but it's still just a freaking hobby. Be thankful for life, health, and family. Bikes are just a bunch of minerals that will eventually return to earth.
:41: Well said!

Luke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back