(ORBO) Hanter The Elite Beast ( FINISHED )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
DSCF1553.JPG
DSCF1549.JPG
DSCF1551.JPG
DSCF1532.JPG

I was struggling to think of a name when the bike kind of named itself the name came from the three bikes I tore down for parts.

Last edited:
I tore down the Hanter this weekend pretty tuff bike for an 80's girl's beach cruiser, it had MX brakes front and rear a nice 80's BMX stem, 26" BMX forks, Shimano rear derailleur & guard, and heavy duty 5 speed wheels. I Found some cool brake levers in the parts box to replace the ones on the beast, while the hydraulic brakes would probably work great I hate messing with them. Had some really cool bar ends that I have wanted to use in a project for a while too.
DSCF1554.JPG
DSCF1558.JPG
DSCF1562.JPG
DSCF1533.JPG
DSCF1567.JPG
DSCF1557.JPG

Last edited:
Yay ! FS ELITE ! My last years Winter build off bike started life as a FS ELITE ! :)
WBO2015Bomber002_zpsabd2ffe3.jpg

Pretty nice frames!
Good luck with the build !

WOW ! I don't even know where to begin Got the Girvin off the beast and mocked up on the elite took a while to find the right cup and bearings to make it fit the steer tube is very small on this frame .I had to flip the rear brake underneath where it would normally sit because it was not really built this type of brake, swapped the axle out for a quick release on the front, mounted the rear derailleur and guard. Also got the tires on the Hanter wheels and went parts hunting through my parts pile some friends parts and acouple of shops will post up what I found later.
DSCF1561.JPG
DSCF1571.JPG
DSCF1578.JPG
DSCF1601.JPG
DSCF1602.JPG

Last edited:
I found some great parts today for my build found a great dog leg crank in my own parts found a nice new black and red seat, Bulldog BMX rear brake, some cool looking red brake arms for the front, a couple different kick stands,and really cool Crmo pedals at a friends . When I went to the bike shop down the road to get a red chain I found a really cool anodized red SE sprocket and finally ordered a spring for the Girvin fork from NuLife cycles in Colorado and some red cable housing for the brakes and gear shifter from ebay. I can't wait to get them on the bike trying to get it all mocked up so I can tear it down and paint this weekend.
DSCF1605.JPG
DSCF1606.JPG
DSCF1597.JPG
DSCF1610.JPG
DSCF1600.JPG
DSCF1598.JPG
DSCF1607.JPG
DSCF1608.JPG

Looks like red might be one of your colors in your paint scheme...:bigsmile: You have at least 3 -4 different decades represented in your parts mix, very rat-isfying indeed! Rat on!

I like the nod to the old Gary Fisher paint jobs on the Procaliber, Cronus, and the like. Now if you could only find a set of Fattrax tires to put on there.....

Girvin and dogleg on the same bike? Isn't that one of the signs of the apocalypse? :eek:

:crazy:
It used to be, but now a skiptooth derailleur is...

Merle. [emoji88]

sent from my banana phone...

I'm getting into the final stages of assembly . Got to give a special thanks to my buddy Rob for letting me dig through his vintage BMX stash and helping me put together a set of brakes to work with this bike being a vintage cruiser kind of guy coaster brakes are my norm. I can't wait to go test it out at the MTB /BMX park down the road.
DSCF1684.JPG
DSCF1686.JPG
DSCF1687.JPG
DSCF1689.JPG
DSCF1672.JPG
DSCF1678.JPG
DSCF1692.JPG

SWEET!

Latest posts

Back