Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Zombie

~:Undead Forever:~
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well, I've been really in and out of the hobby the past five or six months, its been even longer since I really felt frequent here.
Close to a year by now, maybe. My last post was a '47 Monark Rocket 24" [First year for those] to get info with literally not a single reply to the post and inquiry.

Hopefully I can rekindle my name here a little with this recent find from Yesterday. 9/18/16

~::1936 Schwinn AutoCycle::~
Bought from the first owners son, The Original owner is STILL ALIVE. [98yrs!] and a WW2 vet!
Everything is Stock OG outside the Paint [repainted ages ago], The grips [which were switched out for Twin Horn Push Button Grips *era?*] and the Tires. [One Allstate, One Wards].
Admiral Badge

Missing: Battery Cage and Tank Horn Unit and Speedo Cable.

1_zpssvx3ebgw.jpg
2_zpswfkikfjp.jpg
3_zpsj0vdvi8q.jpg
4_zps59yreeli.jpg
7_zpsgqf4jomc.jpg
5_zps3wppxvie.jpg
6_zpshywymflq.jpg
9_zpstjjzuxd0.jpg
8_zpscfmafw8a.jpg
12_zpsufudtuu8.jpg
13_zpsj4jwsehx.jpg
11_zpsa20fawni.jpg
14_zpsy92wdl4g.jpg
15_zps1e184po3.jpg
10_zpss69xnwfn.jpg

The HEAVIEST of the FZ Stable.

Last edited:
Maybe u get few replies because left speachless.
Outstanding find.

Thats my goal with my posts, but its nice to feel the posts are received. Thank you for that assurance, Phol ;)
Its really something beyond my previous reality. Im still on the cloud I found it in~

FZ

Absolutely beautiful....
Thanks SO so much. I think so too and only recently admitted some months ago I have a Little room in my Rusty heart for a Few Schwinn Models like late 20's early 30's Motobikes., but this was on a level I never even considered.

Oh Whuttafind! You're flying First Class now Zombie.
...was wondering where you'd gotten to.
Take care of it as I know you will. Now, that's a Keeper.:thumbsup::41:

Whats Up Partner! I hoped youd post here with me!
I just had so much LIFE going on lately, its been hard to do much of anything with my own pages let alone be a frequenter anywhere for a while.
I sure do plan to keep it pretty much as found outside of Bringing back functionality to the Electric, but mechanically speaking, I want it as close to that first sight of it I had,. minus the cobwebs haha

Wow, you have all the high-dollar stuff on that. Congrats !
Thank you! Im all in this for the VERY rare occasional ride at car shows and bike events as well as learning process. I couldnt imagine selling it just yet but there may come a day. Just hard to consider letting something I may only ever have one of go. I do have a reasonable Idea of value, but not one based on exact certainties. just within a pretty concise range.

That's a good start to a retirement plan. Don't let the lowballers talk you out of that one too cheap!
Shes a rider for now, CB!
I have a good feeling that'll be the case for a while, but I'll be sure to check with you fellers on comfortable value before that day comes to sell if I do.

Thanks A.S!
Sure is a big deal hearing that from you, knowing the stuff you post! :rolleyes:

Thanx for the Props. Congratulations on your find of a lifetime, I'm truly envious, one of the holy grails of Bicycle enthusiasts. Your one lucky Chap ! Also looks like your post is blowing up the Thread !

~ Rafael ~

Thanx for the Props. Congratulations on your find of a lifetime, I'm truly envious, one of the holy grails of Bicycle enthusiasts. Your one lucky Chap ! Also looks like your post is blowing up the Thread !

~ Rafael ~
Haha, its all my late replies ;)
Youre More than deserving of the Kudos. Youre one cool guy with one very Selective Stable anyone would be proud to have just a piece of.
Its no Bluebird, but it sure feels like it :D

Thank you! Im all in this for the VERY rare occasional ride at car shows and bike events as well as learning process. I couldnt imagine selling it just yet but there may come a day. Just hard to consider letting something I may only ever have one of go. I do have a reasonable Idea of value, but not one based on exact certainties. just within a pretty concise range.

Just enjoy the "Coolness" of owning and riding it. Money has never been the primary reason to obtain these bikes for me.

Latest posts

Back