• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FEELER - NEW Webco 3-Bar Chromoly 26" BMX Cruiser Frames Group Buy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's so much I like about this! The continuous rear triangle, Integrated headset, hand made in FL, coaster tab... But, as (possibly my own) devil's advocate, It looks so much like a genuine red menace, or a wethepeople avenger, or even sun bikes revmx... This style of frame is all over.. tighten up the gap between the top tube and the secondary tube? Have it more hit the joint of the headtube and down tube... Interested....

Just trying to be constructive. Stoked the ball is rolling on this possibility!

Great feedback, much appreciated. Will take this all into consideration.

Also very interested in the forks, as finding a decent priced, decent quality, 4130 set of 26" (or 27.5" or 29") bmx style forks is a real struggle.

Jason

edit: Frame and fork for around $300 would shift me from on the edge to an almost certainty :grin:

Last edited:
We are targeting a price of $300.

That's an awesome pricepoint, but ol' Luke would need to ship it to Australia, which'd probably double the price, maybe even more....

I think we discussed this before, but throwing it out there for group discussion: i'd be willing to pay more for 4130. And, as a guy who prices out tubing and fantasizes about building his own frames, i know that the 4130 isn't really all that much more expensive...

Wish a 1" threaded fork and accommodating head set would be offered. I just cannot find a 1-1/8" threadless fork that matches the retro look of the frame. Would rather use a 26" 1" threaded fork so a Genuine or True Torch stem could be used. Otherwise - very cool offering.

I think @Robertk 's concern will be a common one. There's little that does more to kill the "retro" vibes than a threadless steering set-up. Perhaps a best-of-both-worlds compromise could be found if you went with a conventional EC34 headtube. That way, traditionalists could run these:
http://problemsolversbike.com/products/headtube_reducers
along with an EC30 threaded headset and whatever 1" fork you'd like....

Personally, I'm totally willing to work with the integrated. My recipe for the front end would be:
-1 This Headset:
10779543-1363085892-986807.jpg

2- with one of these spacers:
1_99628133-95be-4113-ae92-24b3b703bf96_grande.jpeg

3- This stem:
165.jpg

4- and, of course, this fork in 26" flavour:
fork_sm_pitch26.jpg.image.750x502.jpg

Just trying to maximize hottness. And, trying to simulate some old school looks while implementing newer-school tech.... I'd probably run a custom topcap for the headset, though. Something corny....

I think we discussed this before, but throwing it out there for group discussion: i'd be willing to pay more for 4130. And, as a guy who prices out tubing and fantasizes about building his own frames, i know that the 4130 isn't really all that much more expensive...

I just reread th original post, and saw that you're already planning to have full chromoly construction...Awesome!

Last edited:
Interested!
I like the loop tail and also agree, something different with the top tubes would make it unique and distinguishable from other bikes.

Shipping for me may not be a problem by the time they are produced. I may stop by the factory to pick it up when I'm home on a visit.

A 20" frame will be the biggest plus. I'll bet that will double the sales. I'd spend an extra 50 bucks for the bigger frame, maybe more if it came with forks. Remember, the normal 18" frame was from way back when they made mostly boy's bikes. But I think they all need to be the same size to keep costs down. I remember applying for a job there in 1993, Clayton (I think) said he would guarantee long hours and low pay. I understood the bike market then, and now, and how hard it still is to keep up with cheap competition from overseas. If I didn't have a young family to support back then, I would have worked there in a heartbeat.

People could get the frame set and change over the stuff from their old bikes, and spend well under $500 to have a great bike. Then later get high end components.

The initial cost will make a big difference along with the bigger size.

Last edited:
Couldn't Luke just see a pic of one, and fab up one overnight?
:21: No... I am a hack compared to those guys!
Plus I don't have access to Chromo or a decent tig set up...

I would love to buy one but the postage would be out of the question, but I will be finishing off my Back40 build early next year, so between that and my CyclePro copy, I will survive!

If I was over there I would be all over this deal, these chances don't come along often in life, you will have a super high quality and very rare bike, people will end up chasing you to sell it to them when they see them and hear that it is a one of 10 or 20 modern Webco's... My advice, don't sell it until the only wheels you can use is a wheelchair...

Luke.

I think they'll have to do many more than 10-20 to keep the price point as reasonable as has been stated. Between this site, and a few of the bmx, vintage, and mountain bike sites...it may be possible to wrangle up 50-100 orders fairly quickly.

Jason

Latest posts

Back