Electra restoration

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked this up at my local goodwill outlet for $15. I figured I could flip it for a little profit. Then my niece came over and took the bike for a ride. She fell in love with it and asked if she could have it. So I did some research on removing paint. Took a trip to Lowe's to pick up some graffiti remover then got busy. It's not perfect but it's a whole lot better. It will look great under the Christmas tree with a big bow on it.

Thankfully they only painted one side.
Original paint looking great under all the spraypaint.

Only messed up one decal. They are under the clear coat.

I used graffiti remover and easy off oven cleaner and a brillo pad on the tires. Easy off attacked the anodizing on the rim and it attacked the rubber tires. I ran out of graffiti remover so I finished up with the brillo pad which worked great on the tires. I wish I would have used the brillo pad first.

I bought a Cyco Cycle somebody had wrapped in sticky camo tape. It was a mess. I used Goo Gone and about 2 hrs later it looked factory new.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

I used graffiti remover and easy off oven cleaner and a brillo pad on the tires. Easy off attacked the anodizing on the rim and it attacked the rubber tires. I ran out of graffiti remover so I finished up with the brillo pad which worked great on the tires. I wish I would have used the brillo pad first.
I bought a low value bike hat was 100 percent orange spray paint on tires and wheels too . I gave up on frame. Chrome wheels came out ok tires . I scraped with a knife, then steel wool. Then thinner. Still had about 5 percent on the tires. I just mounted them on my winter bike . You did a much better clean up than I did!

Latest posts

Back