post trike pictures

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
807917a48705674d83c8dd2fb49e2760.jpg
My custom trike

URL=http://s1118.photobucket.com/user/zuma1950/media/items for sale 8 2011/image.jpg.html]
image.jpg
[/URL]

Putting a trike together for us after a bad motorcycle accident. Any ideas or input is appreciated.
We will ride again!:rockout:

Still working on fine tuning the "Harley 2 up trike". Front end raked and swapped original with 1.5 diameter forks. Handlebars custom made. Using a 5 speed sturmy for trans. 4.25 rear rims/ tires and 24x3 front. 9.5 inches to frame in front for comfortable pedaling and dropped in rear to 7 inches. Harley rigid 2 up sets and back rest/ sissy bar from Harley. Harley emblems on tank. Still working on custom floor boards for passenger, lights, license plate frame. Lighted whips, custom paint/ pin striping, mirrors, pedals and rechrome. It rides awesome and will have air shocks instead of the coils for rear.

so I'm trying to draw some inspiration for a rat/chopper style trike. My wife just got a brand-spankin new Scwinn Meridian, but buying new isn't quite my style. This'll be my first ever build as well, so I'm looking to draw some inspiration / tips from other dudes who've done it already. Cheers & keep it on 3!

PS: total forum noob so straighten me out if I need it haha.

Seen this one earlier this year at the "get a grip" bike show/swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SICK! Anyone else have some cool trikes? Doesn't even have to be a rat or chopper style; just trying to see what people are doing with em!

I've been working on this for a while now. Tried to get it together by the build off but couldn't get it done, so now I'm taking my time with it. Dyno-glide with an older Miami sun trike rear end.

Nice!

Luke.

I've been working on this for a while now. Tried to get it together by the build off but couldn't get it done, so now I'm taking my time with it. Dyno-glide with an older Miami sun trike rear end.

Saw this when I did a forum search for trikes. That disk brake conversion came out awesome! I'd probably be going for this kind of feel with an Ebay Cranbrook frame / donor bike.

The brake conversion I got from amazon for about 60 bucks. The kit came with the leaver, rotor, caliper, rotor axle mount, and cable. The trike rear end I have is older, so there is no factory caliper mount on the frame. Also if you go with this kit, the caliper is really cheap, I replaced it with an avid b5(or something like that). The kit rotor was also a little too large in diameter, so I went with a smaller one to clear the frame. When doing a conversion you'll probably need a chain tensioner too. Before I added mine I was having an issue with the chain walking on top of the sprocket teeth. With the springer front end and 24" wheels in the back I had to get a 1" shorter crank arm because the pedals were hitting the ground to the point that you couldn't ride it.

Latest posts

Back