Schwinn cruiser fork question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I use a schwinn tandem blade fork on a 80's schwinn cruiser with the stock cruiser 26" rim/tire?

Yes the Twinn fork is just heavier made, it used a 26" tire. If your bike is a Chicago Schwinn, then it'll probably fit just like the original. If the head tube is the same length.

Thanks Wildcat & Bicycle808 for the information. I don't believe it is a giant-built. It is early 80's maybe even 79. I haven't checked the serial number. I will be sure to measure the head tube before I make a purchase.

If it's late 70s/early 80s, then it's Chicago-built, and (as Wildcat said) it should be a direct drop-in fit, if you're using the original headset or one with a similar stack-height. Post pictures when it's done; bet it's gonna be rad.

If it's late 70s/early 80s, then it's Chicago-built, and (as Wildcat said) it should be a direct drop-in fit, if you're using the original headset or one with a similar stack-height. Post pictures when it's done; bet it's gonna be rad.
It's finished. The tandem fork worked.
b6d586a732e745fa019213fc4e0820e7.jpg

Latest posts

Back