Another Schwinn Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.S.BOLTNUT

He who dies with the most toys ,still dies No Fear
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Looks to be a older middle weight , I just thought I couldn't go wrong for 35 bux.....missin a few parts but I'm sure I got plenty extra to add , anybody have a red guard for this ?

20180526_125544.jpg

20180526_125539.jpg

Cool bike! Every time I look at one of these Old School cruisers, I always try picturing it with a 26x4 Fat wheelset! :113:

That would be cool if it had the room for that size tire .

I don't see a serial number on the head tube. That would date it before 1971, but the SCHWINN decal is later I think. Maybe the number is hard to see. Also looks like the fork white trim is offset, maybe the decals were added.
Nevertheless, a good frame to start with, you can't go wrong.

I don't see a serial number on the head tube. That would date it before 1971, but the SCHWINN decal is later I think. Maybe the number is hard to see. Also looks like the fork white trim is offset, maybe the decals were added.
Nevertheless, a good frame to start with, you can't go wrong.

From my understanding the serial numbers were placed on the head tube after 68 , but I could be wrong I was wrong once before?

It was shifted from the dropout to the head tube in 1970, I'm pretty sure. I thought I was wrong once too, but I was mistaken.:)

Looks like a '79 Spitfire
Agree, which actually came with ballooner S2s not S7 rims. I'd try to find the ORG parts and bring it back, worth some good $$$s with correct parts. Here's a pic of my all ORG '78 I sold.
1.jpg

Agree, which actually came with ballooner S2s not S7 rims. I'd try to find the ORG parts and bring it back, worth some good $$$s with correct parts. Here's a pic of my all ORG '78 I sold.View attachment 76721

HQ on the head tube 79 spitfire , so far I'm just putting parts I have around the shop.

Latest posts

Back