• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Thompson Classic Bicycle Components - grips and seats

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Hey all -
My original for sale thread was deleted in the server melt down a couple weeks ago, so I just want to pop in and say I'll be rebuilding it in time. Meanwhile, if you're in need of coke bottle grips, ball end grips (a Thompson exclusive) or leather seats (brown and black), PM me, or search eBay seller ijt64. I tend to lower my prices here a little for you folks vs. eBay, though the prices have come closer over the years due to the market.
In the meantime, here's a new item to be available soon pending my road test approval. My molder mixed up a batch of graphite and colonial white ball end grips for me. They are made from a new material, thus the pending approval. Maybe some of you will be interested in these colors. If the material is approved, he says he can mold me lime green and orange and blue.

Ride safe.

Attachments

• grey grips.JPG
    grey grips.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 433
Bet the graphite ones would look cool on a Silver King

Great grips man!

Asa- you wanna road test a set for me? I’ll send you a free pair if you give me feedback on them.

Ian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asa- you wanna road test a set for me? I’ll send you a free pair if you give me feedback on them.

Ian

Sure. Been planning on ordering some more cola grips anyway. let me get with my brother and figure out what we need and I'll get back with you. You can just throw them in the box with the others if that's cool?

Sure. Been planning on ordering some more cola grips anyway. let me get with my brother and figure out what we need and I'll get back with you. You can just throw them in the box with the others if that's cool?

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

This seat has weird-ish coloring so if you’re west of Ohio it’ll cost you $38 shipped, east of Ohio $32 shipped (a loss to me).

e35ab82ffc53920ce6915dbd2c2db0e1.jpg

061e1facefcacafe52035418f40d7fd9.jpg

2b1c270de54393822080bf0e1b521f5c.jpg

I’ll be posting more of these second quality seats. They are mechanically fine, just have discoloration in leather.

Also have these used white Ball End grips for $8 shipped. Removed them from the Team Thompson test mule (50s Monark) to test mount the new grips. The picture makes them look cleaner than they are.

c7dd93eb765d62fbe60b6e0b50bdd556.jpg

How wide are these used white grips? I’m thinking either these or a pair of white coke bottle grips for a build I am doing. How wide are the coke bottles? And do you have white ones available now? If so how much are those shipped? I bought from you once before, you may have my info still?

cola grips are available in white
IMG_20180725_163337960.jpg
IMG_20180725_163420517.jpg

How wide are these used white grips? I’m thinking either these or a pair of white coke bottle grips for a build I am doing. How wide are the coke bottles? And do you have white ones available now? If so how much are those shipped? I bought from you once before, you may have my info still?

Hey yall - currently trying to liquidate seat inventory. I have 40 or so black leather seats with black springs and hardware (look just like the brown leather seat a few posts above, but black) going for $12 plus $15.05 shipping (Med Size Flat Rate USPS). $6 additional shipping per seat if buying more than one.

You can't beat this deal. The seats cost me $19 each - so this is below cost.

hit me up to get yours. or PayPal $27.05 to [email protected] with a note saying what you're buying and include your address. I'll get it to you promptly.

thanks, and ride safe.

-Ian

Last edited:
Ian, what are your color options for glitter coke bottles?

only have silver (actually a clear grip with silver glitter) and red (translucent red with silver glitter). Thanks.

I'm interested in a pair of dark green coke bottles and do you have anything in a dark blue (Navy blue preferably)?

yep, still selling. Search eBay seller ijt64 if interested, or message me here.

clamdigger - I had another customer tell me their grips were loose. It's not a common complaint (only two in ten years), but it makes me wonder how often it happens. I measured a dozen bars in my parts collection, and some do run small. My ball end grips are the opposite, a very tight fit, and often need lube and/or rubber mallet persuasion.

thanks to all.

P.S. I'm currently selling off my remaining inventory leather seats at below cost. They are black with black springs and hardware. They are $12 each, plus $15.05 shipping (Medium Flat Rate Box), $6 additional shipping for each seat. Thanks again.

I prefer your Thompson grips tight . A little Crisco and Impact adjust with a rubber mallet. :)

Latest posts

Back