RRBBO13 Q U O I S E

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loving the mustard process and the whole build, especially the mustard idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the mustard powder or paint? in what form is it applied?
yellow-mustard-isolated-picture-id123377427

May 16...
Well, I've wasted a week fiddling with the idea of making some bolt-on universal drop out extensions. I hope I don't end up needing a week at the end of the build-off.:doh:
Anyway, to satisfy my rambling mind I pushed through with another prototype just to see how it might work. It's a good start but after trying it on another bike (11:11) I realized that I really need to get back on QUOISE and put this on the shelf for another time. There's still too much thinking through this idea that will take away from what I really need to focus on!

Parting shots for this distraction...
View attachment 75488 View attachment 75489

Here's what made me decide to put this on the shelf for now. :shake: I have already thought of solutions but it can wait!
View attachment 75491
Here I am one week from the deadline and I'm still working on it instead of tweaking it and taking pictures.:mad: To make matters worse I'm starting tomorrow on a sculpted brick sign installation that I'll have to stay on until it's finished.

I taped off the rims and painted them quoise. I want them to look like old school painted steel hot rod wheels with chrome beauty rings.

100_5631.JPG

Sorry for the blurry photo, didn't realize it until I uploaded it from the camera. This was the first tack coat. Didn't get a finished photo before putting everything up for the day.
100_5634.JPG

The rain came in so I had some time this afternoon to get a little more done on QUOISE. The wheels are both laced, trued, pinstriped and the rust is activated. I'll take some pictures tomorrow.
Meanwhile, I've been searching for some 'not new' nuts and bolts in my odds and ends bucket.
100_5630.JPG

The rain came in so I had some time this afternoon to get a little more done on QUOISE. The wheels are both laced, trued, pinstriped and the rust is activated. I'll take some pictures tomorrow.
Meanwhile, I've been searching for some 'not new' nuts and bolts in my odds and ends bucket.
View attachment 81271

Wait! I think I see the needle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 81271
I've got a drawer like that in one of my tool chests.

Carl.

I've bought a couple of those nuts and bolts buckets at yard sales over the years. My dad, grand dads, and uncles always had one in their garages. Comes in handy.

I've bought a couple of those nuts and bolts buckets at yard sales over the years. My dad, grand dads, and uncles always had one in their garages. Comes in handy.
Pretty much all my uncles, and my grandmother, always had a big coffee can or two of crusty fasteners. I remember several occasions of dumping them out to sort through for a nut/bolt/spring/other that I needed to get my bicycle/motorcycle/car/truck back in usable condition :grin:.

As promised, I took photos of the wheels.
Got a close picture of one of the rims to try to show the chrome, paint, pinstripes and rust around the stem hole. I like how the rust made the new nipples look weathered.
100_5637.JPG

After getting the tires mounted I didn't see any break in the rain we're having today so I took them outside during one of the light drizzles. Not great pictures, I took a few in a hurry and took them back inside. Didn't want them to rust.:21:
100_5638.jpg

100_5639.JPG

100_5641.jpg

Wish we had some of that rain here in Nor Cal , we have a 200 square mile fire goin on up here , 100's of houses lost , 6 lives lost
35% contained .

Ha ha, rusty stem hole and nipples :heart:
Careful.:angelic:
Wish we had some of that rain here in Nor Cal , we have a 200 square mile fire goin on up here , 100's of houses lost , 6 lives lost
35% contained .
Man I know! I've been seeing some of that in the news, it's awful. I know you are in the region of the Carr fire, hope your not too close.

[QUOTE="The Renaissance Man, post:
Man I know! I've been seeing some of that in the news, it's awful. I know you are in the region of the Carr fire, hope your not too close.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually about 50 mils south of the Carr fire , but the air has been incredibly awful and my vehicles have been covered in ash for a week but compared to what the people who live in that area are goin through , it's nothing.

Let there be light!
100_5649.jpg

100_5648.jpg

Didn't stop long enough for many pictures but heres a couple of the wiring for the tail lights where it enters the frame.
100_5646.JPG

The tail lights are held in place with foam pipe insulation.
100_5642.JPG

Latest posts

Back