Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has to be a joke or someone is badly informed...... :giggle:
Gtc5N45.jpg
I don't think it's a joke. There's a few on the local area Craigslists around here as well. $200 and up?
Hammerhead

This has to be a joke or someone is badly informed...... :giggle:
Gtc5N45.jpg

A lot of people instantly equate anything Schwinn - regardless of age or antiquity - to mean money. Unfortunately, or perhaps seriously fortunately, a few of us know differently. Wife of No Control bought a Schwinn Airdyne a couple years ago, expecting it to be a good choice. It was total crap, as I expected. We sold it soon after.

Here's a good one...

jMBNSbQ.png

I'm no expert on old bikes, surely, but doubt that I would pay more than $75 for this bike, and that would primarily be just the frame, handlebars and seat. This guy sets a harsh tone right at the start. I usually avoid even contacting these types of ads. What do you guys do?

I agree with the harsh tone bit. Anything used has to be as - is and make an offer as it it is used any anything can happen. All this no low ball stuff is crap. People need to understand this stuff. When I list anything for sale I know what I have in it and also what the item in the condition of my item has been sold for, not just what some nut thinks its worth and listed on the epay for that. Its always a negotiation. a buyer expects you to take time and spend $ to travel to look at and purchase the item. So play the game. Determine "what its worth" keeping in mind "what you have in it", "how much you used it" and "how bad you want it gone". Then add a fudge factor, something you can give the buyer when he sees the worn tire or paint scratch. But please Mr. seller, don't fill your ad with nasty, who wants to contend with that...:soapbox:

When you say "Barn Find" in your title, it tells me that you don't have much in the bike. I'd be in on this one for a hundred or less. I doubt I could talk him down that much.
On the other hand, some folks lighten up when you call instead of text, so if you are local, it may be worth it to call and go see for yourself. Maybe he has some other bikes he would like to deal on.

I think we have a winner for the overpriced post of the day
Untitled.jpg
I find these Schwinn exercise bikes all the time at thrift stores for $15-$25 bucks. Heck, I just dragged one out of my basement and into the barn a few weeks ago.

Extremely RARE Santa Riding Bike - $350 (Granite city il)
01616_i1dSZemcyzk_600x450.jpg
00M0M_c9kKmJYdmfl_600x450.jpg

AC/DC operated Animated and Musical Santa Riding Bike. Everything works except for 1 switch which is able to be fixed just dont have to time. You wont find another one on the market. Extremely RARE. $350 obo. NO SCAMMERS

There's only one scammer here that I can see...

OK, so this post is more a gripe than a nightmare. lol
In the local FB Marketplace are two 3 speed coaster brake bikes for sale for around $30 each. Two different sellers. I have sent FB messages to both of them and neither have responded! :crazy2:

I don't particularly want the bikes, I just want to buy them to get the coaster brake 3 speed wheels for other projects.

"Bro,how do i make it go and where do i seat?".... :D
xJgmiuB.jpg
Is it weird that I kinda like it? Be a pretty strong and cool looking BMX scooter...

Latest posts

Back