Rust in Space

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but if you could scrubb some of that rust off your chain ring, I think it would tie in better with the look of the bike.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but if you could scrubb some of that rust off your chain ring, I think it would tie in better with the look of the bike.
Ha ha ha!
I was debating cleaning off some of that rust but wasn't sure.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Best thing about a 28 inch inseam is you can comfortably ride a 26" bike with the seat slammed. I'm getting proper leg extension on this thing. LOL
2f03274da6f4eceba7ab75e2fba629ef.jpg

Best thing about a 28 inch inseam is you can comfortably ride a 26" bike with the seat slammed. I'm getting proper leg extension on this thing. LOL
2f03274da6f4eceba7ab75e2fba629ef.jpg

yep! I love that I can ride camelback Speedster and Collegiate frames without running the seatpost up through the roof...

Kinda lost my way again with the Space liner since I got the Huffark, but tonight I knocked a few items off the punch list.
In my haste to mount the lights I only used one screw in each piece of Weaver rail so the things were always getting bumped out of alignment. Also there is a piece of plywood under the rack the rear Weaver rails are mounted to that never got painted. It shows up in some of the low angle rear view pictures. So that got painted and extra screws were installed in the Weavers.
Also used some more 0000 steel wool and WD-40 to shine up the front sprocket and crank some.
Anyway, the Spaceliner is about done. Still have some time to add a few doodads and ride it before the deadline. Gonna try for some clever photo ops for the grand finale.

Oh, the little black thingy on the down tube? It's an LED taillight that is supposed to clamp to the sear post, but it's so big the only place it would work was around that bracket for the original tank! It has flashy blue lights and lasers for extra special spacey night effects!! :21:
6deeab275a81f85b01f09000e3a19cde.jpg

Last edited:
That light mounted on the down tube looks like a UFO hovering docked to your Spaceliner.

I just had a thought while writing : Spaceliner. Maybe change your name slightly to emphasize the style of the bike, in true OJ style:

"Rust in Space-Liner" :grin:

That light mounted on the down tube looks like a UFO hovering docked to your Spaceliner.

I just had a thought while writing : Spaceliner. Maybe change your name slightly to emphasize the style of the bike, in true OJ style:

"Rust in Space-Liner" :grin:
Or maybe...

We came in rust for all rat rod kind.

Spaceliner... The not quite final frontier.

Spaceliner, one small step for Murray, one giant leap for all space bike kind.

^ Those are all good! :)

And, thank you, you just gave me an idea for a build name in the future. Now all I have to do is find the perfect frame to start.....but I've got a year, right?

If I can figure a way to do it that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, I would like to attach a plaque on the bike that says,
"We came in Rust for all Rat Rod kind" similar to what they put on the Apollo 11 lunar lander.

Meanwhile, back at NASA's secret Spaceliner works, the technicians have been busy with important additions to the Rust in Space project. The September launch is fast approaching...

First was the official NASA air freshener. Even though the bike itself is non-polluting, the operator is capable of some rather odiferous exhaust.

Next was the snazzy blue finned rocket hood ornament to aid in aeronautical control.

And finally, the all important sponsorship stickers.

Still more to come space fans! To Ratfinity and beyond!

Rust Lightyear
dd7ae008b2cbb1177866251ace7841fa.jpg
f1f46e8a52df7541ccd1d5289736c14b.jpg
3888542321bd8285b2b6b39e87cafdcf.jpg
0602d017999385e2725c7a442fec7f47.jpg
a41949b3cece5e3da89f9aa625de0c50.jpg
3915f44d6df378dfadb1f35d5e557eee.jpg
372f0365892071f6e0358b127acf257d.jpg
bdc8be71646a49b02f05dedaef987caa.jpg

One of the issues with the Spaceliner is the kickstand. It tends to sink into the sandy mixture we call soil in these parts. So taking a cue from the real Lunar Lander, the Spaceliner engineers came up with their Dollar Store invention.
74f874a1864fe82bb5b13126e58fb185.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back