Long-time Lurker, First-time Poster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snyder made Rollfast until about 1975, then all the tooling was bought by Emory, who made bikes in Jacksonville Florida for years and still do to a lesser degree now. I had one of those made in the mid 80's.
I added wide wheels and tires.
72072_9a8202f6d72c4231e6ca0923fce8997a.jpg

Since my bike stays in our little condo, I have to clean the tires every time I get back in. I have a center stand on my bike, I can spin the tire while I go over it with a wet rag, then a dry rag. When the red dust is fresh it comes off pretty easily. The stand also works well to work on the bike.
DSCI0057.JPG

...For a prime example of how not to do a thread, see either of mine, The RockRat or the Wonky Donkey...
I'm still relatively new to using forums and posting threads. What's wrong with either of your build threads? I found the Wonky Donkey thread (love the name, by the way,) but I don't see anything wrong with it.

Snyder made Rollfast until about 1975, then all the tooling was bought by Emory, who made bikes in Jacksonville Florida for years and still do to a lesser degree now. I had one of those made in the mid 80's.
I added wide wheels and tires.
View attachment 111679
Since my bike stays in our little condo, I have to clean the tires every time I get back in. I have a center stand on my bike, I can spin the tire while I go over it with a wet rag, then a dry rag. When the red dust is fresh it comes off pretty easily. The stand also works well to work on the bike.
View attachment 111684
Nice bit of bicycle trivia! Dang, what size wheels and tires did you put on that one? They look massive!

Cool! I may need to look at getting a center stand for some of my bikes. Sounds super practical!

Thanks,
The stand wasn't expensive, I use Amazon a lot because of free shipping to Hawaii and not much selection at bike stores here. I also put the same set on a 53 CWC. Hard to get them back far enough to clear the frame.
CWC 53.jpg

I put 24" wheels and wide tires on the Emory, 24 x 3.0, they barely fit the 26" frame. 3G makes the 57mm wheels, 2 speed or 1 speed coaster. They don't ship to Hawaii though. My favorites are their copper 26" wheels. I put a set on a 47 CWC Roadmaster with 2.125 tires:
16jemie.jpg

I'm still relatively new to using forums and posting threads. What's wrong with either of your build threads? I found the Wonky Donkey thread (love the name, by the way,) but I don't see anything wrong with it.
Sorry just more jokes. My mechanical skills are... primitive to say the least. I'm a bit smashy. The Donkey will be dangerous, that's why I'm not putting pedals on it. There was a bit of parody in the design, but pinkbike beat me to the joke.
p4pb18142356.jpg

Latest posts

Back