What can any of you tell me about a Huffy Koza?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaxRhapsody

Rhapsodic Laviathan
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this bike to build for my girlfriend and at first it looked like your average 90s walmart bike; ashtabula crank, heavy steel frame, sidepulls, but on further inspection once in the apartment, it has things I don't often see on those old bikes; a 3/7 drivetrain, trigger shifters, and internal cable routing and alloy wheels.

I can't find anything online about them. It's perfect for her, since she just cruises, it might not ever see 6th and 7th gear.
20191120_175634.jpg

2020-02-09 01.08.11.jpg

2020-02-09 01.09.17.jpg

I did put that red seat collar on there, she wants it red and black.

Last edited:
Very old Shimano Altus shifters & tourney derailleurs. Apart of that, the only thing I can tell you is that "Koza" means Goat in Polish, and it's a popular term people use for bikes in some regions. The term came from the nickname used for fixie track bikes.

Very old Shimano Altus shifters & tourney derailleurs. Apart of that, the only thing I can tell you is that "Koza" means Goat in Polish, and it's a popular term people use for bikes in some regions. The term came from the nickname used for fixie track bikes.
Just came into the post to tell about the goat and here you are.

Typo, it's actually Kozo. Wondering if it's worth starting a build thread. Nobody on bikeforums knows anything either.

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP late 80s, early 90s MTB. To make more money, these companies made a ton of the same bikes with different names.

I have seen many cheap, 90s MTBs with 3x 1 piece cranks.

I have seen many cheap, 90s MTBs with 3x 1 piece cranks.
The 3x isn't the weird part, I've seen them too.

Was wondering if I should post the build here or not.

I have never seen a beach cruiser with bullhorn handlebars before. I think it's set up like that might have its uses. I'm a fan of putting handlebars on bikes that are not meant to be.
None of my bikes have bullbars/pursuit bars on them. Both of those have risers on them.

My RockRat is slowly turning into a street fighter or urban basher. They're a pretty cool concept
I started using that term for road and speed based mtb's. I guess it could apply to other bikes, why not?

*RockRat is an old 3x8 mountain bike, no longer trail competitive, but still deeply loved. BMX tires, flat pedals, alloy block stem (someday). A more upright position for blasting around town. Also a little bit ugly and a lot beat up, so I don't have to think about locking it up on a street corner Friday night

Latest posts

Back