BO15 CyberCYCO

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is one cool hunka metal!

Next on the list is a pair of Patina Kustoms Felbys, made a little wider in the middle than normal for mounting on/around a set of 3G forks that I used to have. They felt too far forward at first, so I spun the stem around. I also took this opportunity to do a little headlight noodling.
d50554d3da45d164c310189a621a3eda.jpg
3a6c4bbfecb72de47fdc0ef599b09f63.jpg

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Those monkey bars really seem to flow with the forks and frame nicely.

Monkey bars and Johnny 5 headlights for the win
Yeah, the big rectangular was something a buddy gave me yesterday. I think the Monkey bars are the ones, but there's a lot more to do up front yet that could change things.

In the meantime, I hacked off the chainstays, and set up my swingarm pivot in the old bottom bracket. This one is a 112mm - I may need to find a 103mm or something for the sake of my ankles. [emoji6]
Brackets are roll bar accessory mounts from Speedway Motors.
3409fada1c98432b17c9255108257583.jpg
d8508ee595a2d2b5b3b8393f47237ce9.jpg
cac359d139b5e482568bce21cda48a06.jpg
1590cc1129709b0a1fed1357a5923d99.jpg

That blocky stem is really cool! And with the battery, and other 'edgy' accout-RaT-ments; I like the box bars the best. Maybe paint em black or go raw, but the angles (now with all your other mock up goodies on) will set this apart. Just my .02.

I love the stance and flow of this!
My only concern would be the safety under speed of the pivot area. The spindle and BB will be strong enough, but it seems like the potential weak spots are the small spindle bolts and rollbar accessory bracket. I don't have any suggestions for alternatives, other than think it through and be safe.

I love the stance and flow of this!
My only concern would be the safety under speed of the pivot area. The spindle and BB will be strong enough, but it seems like the potential weak spots are the small spindle bolts and rollbar accessory bracket. I don't have any suggestions for alternatives, other than think it through and be safe.
I will probably replace the standard BB spindle bolts with something heat-treated with a little more surface area to the "cap".

The brackets are 3/16" thick, and it looks as if I will have to get some plate or rectangular tubing to make some kind of extension/reinforcement, anyway. I feel like the pedals need to come down and forward a couple of inches, which should move the rear wheel forward a touch, and give me better geometry when I mount the shock.

Today probably won't be much to show. Mainly, I will be grinding/sanding to smooth out the remnants from my cuts, getting ready to do some welding.

@kingfish254 Edit: The more I look at it, the more I want to add gussets to the Raleigh frame to stiffen the lower bit around the bb, and I am considering some triangulation from the pivot up to what used to be the seat stays to lessen lateral/torsional flex in the swingarm.

Last edited:
That blocky stem is really cool! And with the battery, and other 'edgy' accout-RaT-ments; I like the box bars the best. Maybe paint em black or go raw, but the angles (now with all your other mock up goodies on) will set this apart. Just my .02.
The box bars are still in the running. I have a second front-heavy configuration, where the battery pack mounts to the front of the fork, and in that case, the Box bars allow for easier fabrication of brackets, etc.

I feel like the bike should handle better with the weight closer to the center of the bike, but with a 1000W motor up front in a 20" wheel, more weight up front should translate to better traction. It's going to be a trade-off, I am sure. Going to have to make it a roller, and experiment a bit, I guess.

Last edited:
Another possible headlight setup:
4bdd04cdd524932a5ddc5be5adeb7516.jpg

Monkey bars and Johnny 5 headlights for the win
Haven't been getting update alerts again, so I just caught up.

Johnny 5 is the first thing I thought when I saw the lights.
Second thing was "Hey, lazer lips. Your mama was a snow blower.":rofl:

Awesome build! And I like the rear wheel, man that is wide. You probably won't need a kickstand.

Leaf springs would be pretty slick for the rear aswel I think.

Looking forward to more of this!

Latest posts

Back