BO15 Apache Drag Bike Lights are on !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To cold to work out side today as snowed here a bit this morning in Mass. So time do some parts gattering & ideas in the work shop. I have been using my Socially Distancing time to put things in order as you can see I still have a ways to go but I’m heading in the right direction. View attachment 119643View attachment 119644View attachment 119645View attachment 119646View attachment 119647View attachment 119648View attachment 119649View attachment 119650View attachment 119651View attachment 119652

Wow. Good parts pile!!

Even though you are competition in class 1, I have to admit that youre build is pretty sweet! :rockout:
That's what is excellent about this competition. Everyone benefits from the awesomeness of the other builders. Plus they get to endure unending comments from lazy bystanders!

Nice one! How old is it? I still have an Sram T3/Sach Torpedo hub lying around somewhere.

Even though you are competition in class 1, I have to admit that youre build is pretty sweet! :rockout:
I have no idea how old the set up it . I bought 3 low end modified mountain bikes last year one had this rear wheel the others where nice 3 speed coaster brake hubs.

Now the fun starts .
777F4C88-F71A-4A59-987F-ABA5FCB584B1.jpeg

You are always loaded with good toys!!!!
Sweet 5 bar super frame there!!!!

The silver and purple looks pretty good.
Thank you ! I realized I have the purple metal cast in blue also . I’m playing with the idea of mixing them and seeing how close to the frame color I can get . But the silver is kind of a happy accident . I’m not sure if I’d gain anything buy matching the frame color?

I’ve had pretty good luck matching transparent/candy paint before by spraying a silver or gold base on something of a decent size (piece of sheet metal or car body panel works well) and laying down five or six 2” strips of masking tape. I would spray the color, wait 15 - 20 mins, and pull one strip of tape. Spray another coat over both strips, wait 15-20 mins each time in between pulling strips of tape off until I can figure how many coats of candy/mid coat that I needed to match the paint.

Some purple candys actually usually a light blue metallic base. Pontiac engine enamel works well for that and can be found at most parts stores.

I’ve had pretty good luck matching transparent/candy paint before by spraying a silver or gold base on something of a decent size (piece of sheet metal or car body panel works well) and laying down five or six 2” strips of masking tape. I would spray the color, wait 15 - 20 mins, and pull one strip of tape. Spray another coat over both strips, wait 15-20 mins each time in between pulling strips of tape off until I can figure how many coats of candy/mid coat that I needed to match the paint.

Some purple candys actually usually a light blue metallic base. Pontiac engine enamel works well for that and can be found at most parts stores.
What you do with the test spot is normally how I proceed. I did try after my first attempt to match the color using other bases. I later realized that I have a can of the transparent blue paint also. I admit that I jumped the gun with my confidence of the purple being a match. I have had success matching some really hard colors on other rat bike builds . It really is a trial & error process / patience. Thank you for the input / Help.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back