• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD FELT CANVAS Frame Kit *Build-a-Kustom* NEW in Box (2 remaining) $140.00

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have available (TWO REMAINING) of the FELT CANVAS Frame Kits (New in Box!)
Please see the picture below for the Breakdown of everything it includes >>>>
These were supposed to sell at $299 ... and some places still are getting $299 (Mine are $140.00 !!!) <><><><><><> ( ONE of the two has a flaw SEE POST # 15 below)
First SIX to get me PayPal (F & F) payments get my last 6 kits ... still NEW in the box!
Shipping EAST of the Mississippi River is $45.00 ... WEST of the Mississippi River is $60.00
I ship using Bike Flights ( UPS ) .... AND Sorry! >>> but CON-US Only 48 States (no International shipping)
The picture of the Army Camo bike below is an EXAMPLE of one I just finished for a friend ...
The quality is Great! And these are TANKS! (Heavy) Please send me PM's (personal messages for purchases)
Reply here with any questions... Thank you! CCR Dave
FELT CANVAS PICTURE.jpg
FELT TIGER SHARK PIC 1 5.21.20.jpg

Last edited:
I have available SIX of the FELT CANVAS Frame Kits (New in Box!)
Please see the picture below for the Breakdown of everything it includes >>>>
These were supposed to sell at $299 ... and some places still are getting $299 (Mine are $140.00 !!!)
First SIX to get me PayPal (F & F) payments get my last 6 kits ... still NEW in the box!
Shipping EAST of the Mississippi River is $45.00 ... WEST of the Mississippi River is $60.00
I ship using Bike Flights ( UPS ) .... AND Sorry! >>> but CON-US Only 48 States (no International shipping)
The picture of the Army Camo bike below is an EXAMPLE of one I just finished for a friend ...
The quality is Great! And these are TANKS! (Heavy) Please send me PM's (personal messages for purchases)
Reply here with any questions... Thank you! CCR Dave
View attachment 121896View attachment 121897
What size wheels will this accommodate ?

What size wheels will this accommodate ?
Pretty much ANY 26” wheels as wide as 70mm rims and 3” wide tires.
It’s very common to see 24” X 50mm wide rims with 3” tires as well .....
If you plan on using the fenders ... the braces for the fenders sometimes need tweaked on 26” tires wider than 2.50.
Thanks for asking! CCR Dave

Pretty much ANY 26” wheels as wide as 70mm rims and 3” wide tires.
It’s very common to see 24” X 50mm wide rims with 3” tires as well .....
If you plan on using the fenders ... the braces for the fenders sometimes need tweaked on 26” tires wider than 2.50.
Thanks for asking! CCR Dave
Ok I have a set of 26X80mm just laying around so apparently those won’t work . Thank you for your time .

DO NOT PAY ANYONE FRIENDS AND FAMILY PAYPAL PAYMENTS.

Go to this calculator and determine the amount of fees and add that to the payment amount.

https://thefeecalculator.com/
You are giving up any coverage by PayPal when you pay Friends and Family.
Does seller see if i paid as FF or normally, or does he only see how much money he receives?

Does seller see if i paid as FF or normally, or does he only see how much money he receives?
Both the Seller and the Buyer will see a fee paid that typically runs about 3%-4% of the cost of what is being sold ... in this case adding 3% would run the buyer about $144.20
The seller would get about the net sale of $140, with the 3% added by the buyer.
You will see many ads that will say "Add 3% if not using F&F"
SO ... I will make this advertisement "official" and request the 3% added to the purchase, if not paying using F&F. Thank you, CCR Dave

Ok I have a set of 26X80mm just laying around so apparently those won’t work . Thank you for your time .
Do me a favor and measure the widest part of your choice of TIRES after mounting them to your 80mm rims.
I can measure these frames and forks and see what clearance you will have (or NOT have)
They could actually fit ... as long as your not planning to use fenders!
Let me know ... I'll get you the measurements for clearance. Thx! CCR Dave

Part 2: ... for example I mentioned that I've run 70mm with 3" tires and squeezed them in...
Maybe if you use 80mm rims you'll need to run 3" or 2.50" tires (probably not 4" tires)

Part 2: ... for example I mentioned that I've run 70mm with 3" tires and squeezed them in...
Maybe if you use 80mm rims you'll need to run 3" or 2.50" tires (probably not 4" tires)
I saw a couple on the internet that looked to have made 80mm work with a low tire . I can fit an 80mm on my dyno glide withe a 2.0 tire

I saw a couple on the internet that looked to have made 80mm work with a low tire . I can fit an 80mm on my dyno glide withe a 2.0 tire
I will take an inside clearance measurement for you on Sunday (tomorrow) and let you know ... my gut feeling is that your 80mm with 2" tires would fit, just as they do on your Dyno.
Thanks, Dave

Are they finished in white primer, or what?
Yes ... they are called "ready-to-paint" on the box it says "R-T-P" and in the Felt website description as well. I have had a few frames of my own, powder-coated and the P.C. shop says the white coating IS a primer paint, because it removes easily with their media-blaster.
Thanks, Dave

I am down to 5 kits now ... and ONE of them has a small blemish in the middle of the TANK area that is smaller than the size of a dime. I will take a picture on Monday (Memorial Day) and post it here. If somebody is going to Paint the frame ... a minor bit of Bondo will make the blemish go away!
That small blemished frame Kit will be $25.00 cheaper and I'll take $115.00 for it (plus shipping) to the lower 48 only. Cheers! CCR Dave

Hey I DMed you
I have not received a DM or PM from you ... and I keep checking since your message above...

I DID measure the inside measurement today, where the tires would be the closest and I know that a Very STRAIGHT wheel with 3 1/2" wide tires fully inflated WILL FIT with a narrow wiggle room of about 10 frog hairs on both sides of the tire.... (3 mm)
Every size tire (profile) and a variety of rims can change this width ... but 3 1/2" should pass.
(again the rim needs to be straight as an arrow) AND this is FRAME clearance and does NOT include the Fender Braces!) Fender Braces are always narrower ...
Hope this answers the questions of many who are watching... Thank you, Dave

I have not received a DM or PM from you ... and I keep checking since your message above...

I DID measure the inside measurement today, where the tires would be the closest and I know that a Very STRAIGHT wheel with 3 1/2" wide tires fully inflated WILL FIT with a narrow wiggle room of about 10 frog hairs on both sides of the tire.... (3 mm)
Every size tire (profile) and a variety of rims can change this width ... but 3 1/2" should pass.
(again the rim needs to be straight as an arrow) AND this is FRAME clearance and does NOT include the Fender Braces!) Fender Braces are always narrower ...
Hope this answers the questions of many who are watching... Thank you, Dave
My bad I never sent it , I also sent my number

I am now down to TWO frame kits remaining ... (at $140.00 each)
PLUS this one with a minor "Imperfection" (see pics) that flawed kit is just $115.00
the shipping is $45.00 EAST of the Mississippi River .... $60.00 WEST of the Mighty Mississippi
Please ADD 3% if you choose PayPal services ... or F&F is straight up as listed...
These pics below show the ONE frame kit I have reduced to $115.00
Looking straight on it from the SIDE ... it is NOT very noticeable (I'm pointing my finger at it)
From the extreme angle you can see the waves ... using PAINT and bondo ... easy fix.
Using LARGE Graphics .... should cover it up! Let me know .... Thx! CCR Dave
FELT CANVAS FLAW 1.jpg
FELT CANVAS FLAW 2.jpg
FELT CANVAS FLAW 3.jpg

Latest posts

Back