BO15 Stretch chopper bobber thingamajig

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve
a4c8ce3155ba411dd01b27a92b479cf3.jpg

got a set of 29” x 3” wheels in the shop that sometimes are on my surly Pugsley. I’ve been wanting to build a custom frame around them for a while and now seems like a good time.

First step for me was buy a triple tree fork off eBay so I couldn’t turn back. Fork will most likely be modified before this is over. Head tube is from a past project. Frame will be a combo of new tubing and a little bit of old junk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks a little more like a 'front rhombus' than a triangle :bigsmile: but this is already 'shaping up' to be a cool build!

Those plus sized '9er wheels are intriguing on this, dig em!

Very cool. I’m digging your frame jig! Gonna borrow something ideas from yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe there's an old pugsley on CL or ebay or FB Marketplace that you could find and weld the rear end on to your rig? If I still had mine, I would have sold it to you. Sold it a couple winters ago.

Maybe there's an old pugsley on CL or ebay or FB Marketplace that you could find and weld the rear end on to your rig? If I still had mine, I would have sold it to you. Sold it a couple winters ago.

I was gonna go that route, but I have another possible solution in the works. Im working on making the rear triangle bolt on and have some side to side adjustment. I think i can shift it over to use the Pugsley wheel. If I like how it rides i may get proper wheel built and shift the rear back to center and weld it solid.
f2f8689464ceb456dd137fe7744a674d.jpg

I was gonna go that route, but I have another possible solution in the works. Im working on making the rear triangle bolt on and have some side to side adjustment. I think i can shift it over to use the Pugsley wheel. If I like how it rides i may get proper wheel built and shift the rear back to center and weld it solid.
f2f8689464ceb456dd137fe7744a674d.jpg

Good idea

Cool build. Ride geometry looks pretty good. Are you sure you have your BB high enough?

Latest posts

Back