BO15 Radarlux Space-Cadet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My foam discoveries . It hates gravity and will stick to any surface you dont want it to , clothing , hands, hair , floor , the dog . Its staying put , where it's actually supposed to go ...not so much .
Pressing the trigger foam comes out as do big farts of air pockets. Let go of the trigger and it spurting its load over the floor quietly for the next five minutes .
Quantities needed , no way to judge , do you stop with half the area done ? Nope you stand back look , give it a little more . Half an hour later you are faced with a sticky b movie disaster dripping off the bike .
You pretty much nailed all of those idiosyncracies that I have experienced! And described it in 'living color' ! :21:

Not done loads this week been busy throwing a bike from the tip together for a friend , what I did do was got rid of that awful stem . Found another in the shed of many things , cut it in half slotted it , and extended the thread down the bolt further .
IMG_20200605_202809861.jpg
IMG_20200605_212638903.jpg

The stem is one of the bits that annoy me on the original spacelander . Sure makes it more user friendly , but seeing it jut out just jars with me . I've also got plans to bring the saddle down into the swoop between the frame and the mudguard . The reason for this will be twofold . It will look cleaner , and my legs are a little too short to reach the pedals .

Cool seeing you and @Jake Sensi shaping cool stuff from foam.

Cool seeing you and @Jake Sensi shaping cool stuff from foam.
I've not really worked with the stuff before , but what I can tell you is it is messy and gets everywhere .
Fibreglass though is like working with toffee , or the engineering equivalent to reaching in your pocket to find a warm boiled sweet . That stickyness will follow you to bed and beyond. It eats the fingertips on latex gloves for a laugh so there you are with armoured fingertips trying to post an update here with zero chance of hitting the letter you picked on the tablet . Lots of whurfufnuf delete delete and go again
But no, wait... it's big partytrick is for later , the smooth talc like dust turns to a thousand needles when it gets up sleeves .
It resists a good scrub in the bath lays dormant until you go to bed ...you got it all off though right ?
No you didn't ! 1 am in bed and and you might as well be in sheets made of nettles .

I've not really worked with the stuff before , but what I can tell you is it is messy and gets everywhere .
Fibreglass though is like working with toffee , or the engineering equivalent to reaching in your pocket to find a warm boiled sweet . That stickyness will follow you to bed and beyond. It eats the fingertips on latex gloves for a laugh so there you are with armoured fingertips trying to post an update here with zero chance of hitting the letter you picked on the tablet . Lots of whurfufnuf delete delete and go again
But no, wait... it's big partytrick is for later , the smooth talc like dust turns to a thousand needles when it gets up sleeves .
It resists a good scrub in the bath lays dormant until you go to bed ...you got it all off though right ?
No you didn't ! 1 am in bed and and you might as well be in sheets made of nettles .
A trick I learned and has helped, take the coldest shower you can tolerate. Try to just let the water run over you and rinse as much of the glass off as possible, then I go to slightly warm water and scrub up using light pressure.

Supposedly, a cold shower keeps your pores tight, warm water opens them and allows the tiny pieces of glass to get trapped. That's how it was explained to me, it makes sense and has helped.

Last edited:

My father used to flip boats the way I flip bikes, so I am well aware of those little fiberglass needles. :D. That is why I don't mess with boat repair and refurbish. :D

A trick I learned and has helped, take the coldest shower you can tolerate. Try to just let the water run over you and rinse as much of the glass off as possible, then I go to slightly warm water and scrub up using light pressure.

Supposedly, a cold shower keeps your pores tight, warm water opens them and allows the tiny pieces of glass to get trapped. That's how it was explained to me, it makes sense and has helped.
Im hoping I'm over the worst of it as from today , but if I get involved in the evil stuff again i will give that a go cheers :)

WHOA!!!!!! I had two pages to catch up on and you have kicked it into high gear!!!!
I love the flared out fins! And all of the foam shaping.
This is going to be one of the top builds for sure.
DUDE!! I JUST SAW THIS...FOAM?!? HOBBSBOPKINS!!! GTB!! PEACE

Sent from my LM-X210CM using Tapatalk

Im hoping I'm over the worst of it as from today , but if I get involved in the evil stuff again i will give that a go cheers

Exactly, warm water opens your skin pores.
I used to work industrial cleaning and one of our clients was the glass wool (Glasswolle) factory Isover. I was told the very first day to rinse with cool or cold water first. Actually the second, on the first day the older workers don't tell you and let you suffer LOL.
You can try to use some skin protecting lotion. You rub it in generously, before work, should be ok then.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back