• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Murray Astro Flite

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mid 60’s Murray Astro Flte cruiser bike. Awesome retro piece. Everything works. Believe it’s all original. Tank has a rust hole otherwise normal surface to be expected. Horn doesn't work. Awesome for restore or rat rod build.

$200 pick up in the lehigh valley area PA or will ship at your expense

Attachments

• astreo 6.jpg
    astreo 6.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 188
  • astro 1.jpg
    astro 1.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 196
  • astro 2.jpg
    astro 2.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 190
  • astro 3.jpg
    astro 3.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 166
  • astro 4.jpg
    astro 4.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 165
  • astro 5.jpg
    astro 5.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 161
  • astro 7.jpg
    astro 7.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 160
  • astro 8.jpg
    astro 8.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 157
  • astro 9.jpg
    astro 9.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 165
pretty new to this forum and this world.
What size frame is it? Is it considered small? or Large?

pretty new to this forum and this world.
What size frame is it? Is it considered small? or Large?
With a few exceptions, you can pretty much count on vintage 26" wheeled bikes as having around an 18" frame.
18" puts it at the larger end of "medium" or the smaller end of "large", an average size. Good for 5'6" to maybe 6'ish, but can be made to fit with bars, stem, seatpost changes.
And the Space frames are awesome, love all the tubes!

They are cruisers, is the primary point. I've bought a few of my bikes from roadie guys that wanted to get into vintage bikes, and they raise the seats into the stratosphere to 'fit' the bike...and then declare it uncomfortable. I'm 6'2"...on most of these occasions, the guys have been 5'10" or less. I buy, drop the seat most the way down and ride off on a nice comfortable cruiser. You don't need max leg extension and 98.3% power train efficiency for it to be a comfy cruiser. As Matti mentions, there are multiple ways of dialing in cockpit size for max comfort. The '7' shaped seatposts were a factory way for the bike to grow as the rider did...pointed forward on a kids first 26" bike...when the kid becomes a teen, flip the post backwards.

They are cruisers, is the primary point. I've bought a few of my bikes from roadie guys that wanted to get into vintage bikes, and they raise the seats into the stratosphere to 'fit' the bike...and then declare it uncomfortable. I'm 6'2"...on most of these occasions, the guys have been 5'10" or less. I buy, drop the seat most the way down and ride off on a nice comfortable cruiser. You don't need max leg extension and 98.3% power train efficiency for it to be a comfy cruiser. As Matti mentions, there are multiple ways of dialing in cockpit size for max comfort. The '7' shaped seatposts were a factory way for the bike to grow as the rider did...pointed forward on a kids first 26" bike...when the kid becomes a teen, flip the post backwards.

Never knew that about the seatposts, very cool!

18" puts it at the larger end of "medium" or the smaller end of "large", an average size. Good for 5'6" to maybe 6'ish, but can be made to fit with bars, stem, seatpost changes.
And the Space frames are awesome, love all the tubes!
The last 3 flip bikes I did, I measured the frames for the ad. All 3 were 17". :39:

Latest posts

Back