The next major buildoff?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that whole buildoff was mixed up. Muscle bikes that were rusty cruisers with a banana seat and class two was just to keep a couple peeps happy... No drama here...

I'd like to see:
Class 1, Muscle bikes. Somebody else can sort out the requirements.
Class 2, BMX. Same deal.

You know real muscle bikes and real BMX bikes. You wanna build a copy? Ok. Ya wanna put a banana seat on a rusty clunker? Ok but that doesn't fit either category so start your own thread or even start your own mini buildoff for all the stuff that doesn't make the cut. One year I built a tandem into a lowrider in the muscle bike class. Just because I could. Ridiculous, we need the rules tightened up IMO.

CARL.

I never participate in muscle bike or small bike build offs. I’m too old to ride them and if I can’t use em I don’t build them. They aren’t efficient enough for my tired old body and they demand body bends that I can no longer do. The exception is my two folding bikes, but two is all I need. I’m only interested in full sized builds, but I enjoy watching what people come up with on these smaller build offs.

Wall art never gets old , maybe you should blow the spider webs off now and then ?
1600448312818.png

From the depths of the eighties, found in the sacred texts of the Canadian Tire flyer, so began the legend of the Muscle Mixte Motor Cross.
IMG_20200530_124155376.jpg

The Blue Angel. If only she'd let me rat it out.

I never participate in muscle bike or small bike build offs. I’m too old to ride them and if I can’t use em I don’t build them. They aren’t efficient enough for my tired old body and they demand body bends that I can no longer do. The exception is my two folding bikes, but two is all I need. I’m only interested in full sized builds, but I enjoy watching what people come up with on these smaller build offs.
Me too I like to build big bikes I can ride when done.

Naw, it already has two seat stays, and they connect to the steerer. Not sure if you are saying it isn't a mixte, but wikipedia don't agree...
"One particular type of step-through frame is called a mixte. In a mixte frame, the top tube of the traditional diamond frame is replaced with a pair of smaller tubes (lateral tubes, or lats) running from the top of the head tube all the way back to the rear axle, connecting at the seat tube on the way"
IMG_20200530_124207240.jpg

It's a Mini. It's a Mixte. It's a Muscle. It's an MX. And it's hers:(

Weirddd. So it's not a mini mixte?
The reason I didn't use dictionary dot com was because of gender specifity.
Here's the entire entry
mixte/ (ˈmɪkstɪ) /
adjective
of or denoting a type of bicycle frame, usually for women, in which angled twin lateral tubes run back to the rear axle

Regardless, she won't let me do anything to it other than restore it. It's her childhood ride.

Being from Canada you can probably play the French card better than me.

Quibbling about what makes a mixte is not who I want to be as a person. A moment of weakness on my part

I did find this cool chart a little while ago, which has a lot of interesting new definitions to me
images.png

You should restore it though. It's a super cool little bike

From the depths of the eighties, found in the sacred texts of the Canadian Tire flyer, so began the legend of the Muscle Mixte Motor Cross.
View attachment 139098
The Blue Angel. If only she'd let me rat it out.

I’m originally from Sault Ste. Marie, USA. I used to cross over to the Canadian side at least once a week for dinner or to ski. I remember when Canadian Tire had CCM bikes. We bought a lot of stuff from CT. I remember crossing on the ferry, before the bridge was built. My parents remembered walking on river ice to the fast water along the Canadian shore where it remained open in winter. They paid a guy in a row boat to take them the last fifty meters of open water. I never go over anymore as the guards on both sides are too nasty and there is an hour wait. Such a shame. I used to know all the guards by name.

Last edited:
In the late 70s we use to travel from Detroit to Woodstock Canada , because the drinking age was still 18 and it sounded cool .
My times have changed .

Last edited:
Lol back in the day, locals would sneak across to New York state for the lower age and cheaper beer. Now quebec has the lowest restrictions in the area, and MTL police turn a blind eye to brown bagging it.

When I moved to Florida , much to my surprise it was legal to drink while you drive .
What blew my mind in Florida was the drive thru liquor store THAT YOU ACTUALLY DRIVE THROUGH!!! Seriously, a garage door opens, you drive in, roll up to the cash, and they hand you booze. Fixes that embarrassing problem of staggering around the liquor store.

Also, belt fed machine gun at the flea market. And automatic fire outside the trailer park by hog hunters on x mas night.
Florida is Florida Man

Latest posts

Back