Segmented (5 Piece) Forks?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a particular year/brand/model of segmented fork that is more desirable for builds? Personally, I like the look and stance better than most unicrown forks that I see. I am toying with the idea of putting a segmented fork on my Worksman INB when it arrives, and possibly doing the same if I ever land that prewar Schwinn. I know the King Sting is a popular unicrown fork, just wondering if there was a segmented counterpart?

Thanks!

I'm really looking for something straight like the fork on the 2009 Haro Beasley. I have not had any luck finding those forks, but is there anything similar??
haroad_blsy_1x9_09_z.jpg

Watch ebay...its difficult to run across them, but many of the boutique brand rigid mtb forks are the 5piece versions like you posted. Older Carver, Turner, Retrospec, etc...show up from time to time and often don't get a lot of people bidding on them because they are so many names to search for they get overlooked. The other benefit to these older forks is that they have a better chance of being 26" forks with only a mild amount of suspension correction built in, so they might actually be usable on a klunker. Another possibility, is carbon or aluminum tube rigid forks, like this...
CC-F0365.gif

...they definitely aren't a classic klunker look, but they come in a myriad of sizes. So, a suspension corrected 24" fork might be the near-perfect equivalent of a non-suspension corrected 26".

Is there a particular year/brand/model of segmented fork that is more desirable for builds? Personally, I like the look and stance better than most unicrown forks that I see. I am toying with the idea of putting a segmented fork on my Worksman INB when it arrives, and possibly doing the same if I ever land that prewar Schwinn. I know the King Sting is a popular unicrown fork, just wondering if there was a segmented counterpart?

Thanks!
Still in the market? I'm contemplating one of these.

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FOOOCR26DO/on-one-cromo-26er-mtb-fork-disc-only
Hoping I can find one domestically and save the ride

There is a complete Tange chromo bike listed for $275 with a set, but I'd have to travel to covid capital of canada to get it. My wife says I'm not allowed
ad_1600893338716.jpg

Back