Selling/Trading During the Pandemic

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, even though I'm the original poster of this thread, I'm just going to go ahead and unwatch this thread. This is starting to sound like Reddit, Facebook, and a bunch of other social media sites that I try to, or rather, need to avoid. I started getting more active on here and the CABE this week because I couldn't stand how toxic these other forums and social websites I visit were, and I wanted to get away from that toxicity and go someplace that wouldn't cause my blood pressure to skyrocket and my mood to plummet.

Just... come on guys. I thought this place was more civil, respectful and polite than Reddit.
Sorry to hear it...sorry for my involvement.

Silence can be misinterpreted as consent/agreement.

Sorry to hear it...sorry for my involvement.

Silence can be misinterpreted as consent/agreement.
Ok, can we just drop this then?

I haven't commented much on this thread since you guys started arguing because I don't want or need to add more fuel to the fire. I live in TULSA OKLAHOMA! I'm literally living in the oil capital of the world, at least what's left of it. I could pour so much fuel on this fire it's not even funny. I could say so, SO MUCH, about this pandemic and how people respond to it, but what good would it do? It'd just start another argument. I get into arguments with my own friends and family about everything that's happened this year at least once every week, and I HATE IT! It's so hard for me to find something that my OCD can latch onto that doesn't make me want to scream, cry, or punch something or someone, that often times I just don't even feel like it's worth even getting my hopes up!

I kept telling myself to just visit Rat Rod Bikes or The CABE whenever I felt like visiting Reddit just to see how much worse this year could get. "Post pictures of your other bikes, comment on everyone else's, see if there's anything you could do to help someone else with their bike, or just welcome the new guys!" Only this week did I finally give it a shot, and for those first few days, I was ENJOYING IT! I've seen several cool bikes that other folks have built; I've started conversations with some people I've never met before; I've been leaving likes and compliments on other people's threads; I've even lost a little sleep just getting excited that I could participate in the Muscle Bike Build Off this year!

And then what? I post one thread to 2 sites where I opened up about some conflicting feelings regarding buying, selling, and/or trading stuff during a pandemic. So far, it's been civil on the CABE. And for a while, it was civil here too. But now? Now I'm wishing I just didn't post JACK. Not because I'm afraid of someone disagreeing with me, but because some folks decided to start arguing in an otherwise civil discussion that I started.

If you guys want to fuss and fight about this, can you please just do it in a private conversation and leave me out of it? I don't want to be this upset on a forum centered around one of my newest favorite hobbies.

Ok, can we just drop this then?

I haven't commented much on this thread since you guys started arguing because I don't want or need to add more fuel to the fire. I live in TULSA OKLAHOMA! I'm literally living in the oil capital of the world, at least what's left of it. I could pour so much fuel on this fire it's not even funny. I could say so, SO MUCH, about this pandemic and how people respond to it, but what good would it do? It'd just start another argument. I get into arguments with my own friends and family about everything that's happened this year at least once every week, and I HATE IT! It's so hard for me to find something that my OCD can latch onto that doesn't make me want to scream, cry, or punch something or someone, that often times I just don't even feel like it's worth even getting my hopes up!

I kept telling myself to just visit Rat Rod Bikes or The CABE whenever I felt like visiting Reddit just to see how much worse this year could get. "Post pictures of your other bikes, comment on everyone else's, see if there's anything you could do to help someone else with their bike, or just welcome the new guys!" Only this week did I finally give it a shot, and for those first few days, I was ENJOYING IT! I've seen several cool bikes that other folks have built; I've started conversations with some people I've never met before; I've been leaving likes and compliments on other people's threads; I've even lost a little sleep just getting excited that I could participate in the Muscle Bike Build Off this year!

And then what? I post one thread to 2 sites where I opened up about some conflicting feelings regarding buying, selling, and/or trading stuff during a pandemic. So far, it's been civil on the CABE. And for a while, it was civil here too. But now? Now I'm wishing I just didn't post JACK. Not because I'm afraid of someone disagreeing with me, but because some folks decided to start arguing in an otherwise civil discussion that I started.

If you guys want to fuss and fight about this, can you please just do it in a private conversation and leave me out of it? I don't want to be this upset on a forum centered around one of my newest favorite hobbies.
3q307f.jpg

...Okay, I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but again... context?
Just my general feeling around all the division in the world. COVID, elections, racial battles and injustice. It's been a year I'd love to forget

Anyhow...........

I think between the covid, the elections, wild fires, hurricanes, riots, etc this year, everyone is on the verge of losing their marbles. I know I am! LOL

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Just my general feeling around all the division in the world. COVID, elections, racial battles and injustice. It's been a year I'd love to forget

Anyhow...........
:thumbsup:

I think between the covid, the elections, wild fires, hurricanes, riots, etc this year, everyone is on the verge of losing their marbles. I know I am! LOL

I thought I lost my marbles last year. Turns out I had a few left to lose!

Yeah, this year has just been a nightmare. I just want to wake up and be back in 2019. I wish it'd end come January 1st, but realistically, 2021 is just going to feel like 2020 with extra months.

I thought I lost my marbles last year. Turns out I had a few left to lose!

Yeah, this year has just been a nightmare. I just want to wake up and be back in 2019. I wish it'd end come January 1st, but realistically, 2021 is just going to feel like 2020 with extra months.

Oh no, not 2019! Then you'll have to repeat 2020. Maybe wake up in 2022 would be better! LOL

...... @Bike from the Dead!

You shut down the discussion right before I just finished writing my reply to RG! Now I can't post it without being a .... :bigsmile:

Seriously though, I'm not arguing just talking. I bear no one here any ill will or malice. Especially RG, he's alright, think we have very different views of the world but equal respect for out fellow human beings.

I'm gonna head back to 1994. That was prime time
Oldest son was born in '91, youngest in '95. Going back to '94 puts me smack dab in the middle of the diaper changing years.

Actually, that sounds better than dealing with Covid19. :D

Anyhow...........
Yeah. Frankly, I'd post that meme myself, or even the one RustyGold posted, but I fear I'd be a little too honest posting memes with those kinds of messages. For me, I really can't laugh at how ridiculous this year has been. I want to stay positive, but this year has taken its toll on me. I'm just DONE with 2020 and everything that comes with it. I didn't want to blow up like I did earlier, but I'm just tired of acting like I'm okay. My mental health hasn't been all that good these last few years, but MAN, I had no idea I could get this low. This year has brought me down in ways I didn't think were possible, and I'm desperately looking for any escape. I thought participating in the Build Offs would help, and they have somewhat, but I didn't make near the amount of progress I wanted to in the RRBBO, mostly because I just didn't have the energy to work on my bike, even when I knew it'd help.

I don't want to turn this thread into a stinkin' sob story, but all this arguing about the pandemic, whether intentional or not, just wears me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back