Selling/Trading During the Pandemic

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oldest son was born in '91, youngest in '95. Going back to '94 puts me smack dab in the middle of the diaper changing years.

Actually, that sounds better than dealing with Covid19. :D

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I had no mortgage, no car payments, was managing a motorcycle shop, travelling all over the US racing on the weekends, and probably sporting a chain drive wallet and bleached or frosted hair :21:

I'm gonna head back to 1994. That was prime time
I'd travel back to the 90s, even the part before I was born. The cartoons were great, there weren't any major wars going on, the minimum wage was liveable, stuff crust pizza was born, the economy was stable (I think,) and the Twin Towers were still standing.

...... @Bike from the Dead!

You shut down the discussion right before I just finished writing my reply to RG! Now I can't post it without being a .... :bigsmile:

Seriously though, I'm not arguing just talking. I bear no one here any ill will or malice. Especially RG, he's alright, think we have very different views of the world but equal respect for out fellow human beings.
Well, it really didn't look like a "discussion" from my point of view. A "debate," maybe, but it didn't look like "talking" to me. That's part of the problem with texting/message boards. I can't see volume or tone of voice as clearly as I can hear it. You guys may very well have been just talking, but I can't tell just from reading your comments and how they were phrased. I'm glad you meant no ill will, I just have been in so many arguments with friends and family over this stuff that I get burnt out whenever I see what looks like yet another a heated debate about it.

Discussion.

Besides that, I hear you...take it easy, man.
Well, like I told Verrt, it didn't look like a "discussion" from my end. I can't read volume and tone of voice as clearly as I can hear it. You guys may very well have been just talking, but I can't tell just from reading your comments and how they were phrased.

Either way, sorry for blowing up at you earlier. I guess I just needed to vent, and you just happened to be the one who got the brunt of it. I'll try to take it easy, but taking it easy is anything but easy for me right now. Hopefully, you'll be able to take it easy more... easily than I have so far.

I had no mortgage, no car payments, was managing a motorcycle shop, travelling all over the US racing on the weekends, and probably sporting a chain drive wallet and bleached or frosted hair :21:
I might have been walking and talking by '94, but I have no idea. I was born in '93. :bigsmile:

I'll try to take it easy, but taking it easy is anything but easy for me right now. Hopefully, you'll be able to take it easy more... easily than I have so far.
Dude... I'm at work...quit making me think!

:thumbsup:

I’m mostly responsible for this runaway train and I feel sorry for this.

Rat Rod Bikes should be a safe place free from this type of discussion that should be saved for conversations between friends or small people ranting on Facebook.

I might have used words that appeared hurtful, and doubled down on it, but in person I’d never call someone out for their level of caution.

As I scrolled I stopped reading because I’m enjoying my old fashioned more than this discussion.

My first comment said “more” paranoid than me, therefore saying that we each, including me, have some paranoia, but my replied comment left out the more and that was silly.

I’m sorry for causing this runaway, but as a moderator my finger is over the button. Let’s get back to what this sub forum is called, Bike Talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'94...first daughter December '93... diagnosed with cancer a couple weeks later...most of '94 was spent doing chemo then radiation therapy...got married during that time as well... started my 18 year stint as an HP employee (it was a good thing at the time). '94 isn't a good rewind point for me. I can't fast forward as I don't have any years to waste :bigsmile:. So... I'll just be content trudging through 2020.

I’m mostly responsible for this runaway train and I feel sorry for this.

Rat Rod Bikes should be a safe place free from this type of discussion that should be saved for conversations between friends or small people ranting on Facebook.

I might have used words that appeared hurtful, and doubled down on it, but in person I’d never call someone out for their level of caution.

As I scrolled I stopped reading because I’m enjoying my old fashioned more than this discussion.

My first comment said “more” paranoid than me, therefore saying that we each, including me, have some paranoia, but my replied comment left out the more and that was silly.

I’m sorry for causing this runaway, but as a moderator my finger is over the button. Let’s get back to what this sub forum is called, Bike Talk.

I agree. I come here to talk bikes and have fun doing it. I think I got what I wanted out of this thread earlier this week. Let's all check out some of the other threads, start some new ones, and have some fun!

I agree. I come here to talk bikes and have fun doing it. I think I got what I wanted out of this thread earlier this week. Let's all check out some of the other threads, start some new ones, and have some fun!

I agree, such a wealth of information to see and read here, back to the bikes.

Thank you. When I’m rich and famous, I won’t forget you.

Putting that in my dream journal

now-thats-whats.jpg

i am not trying to hi jack this thread But first let me say how proud i am to be here amongst a group of individuals who are taking this C-19 thing seriously and lets not lose sight of fact that you are not only protecting yourself but your family members as well my parents are both in their late 80's it would just kill me to know that i dragged the disease home and it caused their deaths
the general consensus for the US is that this is not slowing down anytime soon no matter what a certain individual says or wants you to believe
i was getting ready to fly to germany to see my sister as canadians can travel to germany unrestricted well that changed 2 days ago we have been taken off the list because off the major up tick in cases here in canada yeah i could not resist some of the flights are insanely cheap like less than 50% not a super good idea but a risk i was willing to take i am not recommending this behavior for anyone
last comment as a doctor my sis is thinking the common flu and cold season should be very weak this season specifically because a major part of the protocol for safe hygiene is already been in practice for quite some time never before have we entered in to a cold /flu season where people are wearing masks keeping their distance and washing their hand this is going to go a long way to slowing down the common cold and flu as well
sorry i will get down off my soap box now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back