24" Specialized Hotrock

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
DSCF8072.JPG
DSCF8070.JPG

Picked this up at a Police auction 2 years ago. I assume it was recovered theft. Tires were bald and entire bike painted flat black. All I did was give it a bath with oven cleaner and throw much better used tires on it. I'm gonna redo it for my grandson, it's ride able now but very ugly.
DSCF8073.JPG
DSCF8074.JPG

this derailleur may be toast. :(

Lucky grandkid! I've been looking for one of those. JrThundrrr1 outgrew his 20" MTB, and I ain't buying him another new bike. He had the most expensive bike in the whole fleet, and he outgrew it in about a year. Or six months in Canadian

Lucky grandkid! I've been looking for one of those. JrThundrrr1 outgrew his 20" MTB, and I ain't buying him another new bike. He had the most expensive bike in the whole fleet, and he outgrew it in about a year. Or six months in Canadian
Thanks!
A few months ago he got to ride it around here and had a blast - even in it's current sad shape. It's really a nice little bike. :)

DSCF8085.JPG
DSCF8086.JPG

Tearing it down, trying to clean off the awful black / gold spray bomb.
Crank seemed a little sloppy, pulled apart, full of dirt and one bearing ball cracked and fell out of the cage!
DSCF8092.JPG
DSCF8097.JPG
DSCF8102.JPG

Did oven cleaner last year. Seems like goo gone and maybe some 1000 grit wet or dry sandpaper will finish cleaning the overspray.

DSCF8112.JPG
DSCF8111.JPG
DSCF8109.JPG

Well, couple hours scrubbing with "goof off" got quite a bit of the spray bomb off. Gonna try some wet sanding next.

DSCF8114.JPG

So much crappy overspray! Easier to paint it black...
DSCF8122.JPG
DSCF8119.JPG

Replaced the plastic OEM pedals with experienced Huckjam pedals with fresh paint.
DSCF8101.JPG

DSCF8133.JPG

DSCF8067.JPG

Got it together and out in the sun!
DSCF8054.JPG

20201207_114830.jpg

Swapped out pedals for these which seemed a better size.
DSCF8070.JPG

Upgraded the seat as original gonna go on little kids bike.
DSCF8072.JPG

Shifts great now everything needed a good cleaning and lube.
DSCF8065.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back