Tall Bikes,lets see'em!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were out riding last night and I was on the tall bike and "The-Rookie" RRB member asked me if I'd posted photos of the tall bike here yet, nope.

I just did paint yesterday and I kinda stole Carvingbike's paint fade. Here's my bike:

IMG_4591.jpg

IMG_4592.jpg

IMG_4593.jpg

IMG_4594.jpg

34 tooth chainring makes this a real easy peddler, helpful since there are hills I ride on around here. Just waiting for some cheap cruiser tires so I can dump the MTB tires. The frames are girls Roadmaster frames, bottom is a USA frame, top is a China one. Finally got my spooky tooth chain tensioner worked out, this bike rides like a dream. This is version 2.0, I rode the same bike in the Christmas parade last year, but it was about 11 inches shorter. I had no idea those bottle openers fit water bottle cage mounts with no alteration.

here is a couple of pics of my friends son and my tall bike that we just got done building.
tallbike2.jpg

tallbike1.jpg

How is the front connected? I understand that u take a fork theared stem and welded it to a smaller diameter pipe which is welded to the fork below. Is that how it is connected.

ratcycle said:
How is the front connected? I understand that u take a fork theared stem and welded it to a smaller diameter pipe which is welded to the fork below. Is that how it is connected.
on mine.yes

ratcycle said:

Yes, the same way you shorten a fork too:

fork_mod.jpg

yoothgeye said:
This is parade day, with my bike being dwarfed by the two tallest bikes, but mine was the fastest and most manueverable:
tallparade.jpg
I wanted to build one very similar to the tallest one. However I was afraid that that steering design would make it difficult to turn the bars because of the opposite angles of the front and rear portions, and the bars being in the center of those two angles. Any idea how well it steers?

Latest posts

Back