BOSS Sting-Ray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple up-dates:

I cut the section of the frame out where the crank tube is. I figured out where I should cut it so I could just swing it around and weld it back in.

This will solve the problems I was having with the chain being too close to the frame on the bottom and the chainguard not being level.
After this is welded, I'm hoping to figure out the Schwinn kickstand.

I had a couple little brackets waterjet cut for my truss rods.

I'm using 3/8" dia. stainless steel rod for them. Hopefully they're not to have to put a little curve/bent at the top.

Thanks guys.
A couple more update, my seat's in the mail. Dan at Ichi Bikes's make me a custom recycled skateboard seat. I thought, for the same money as all the Schwinn seats I liked, I could have a custom seat!

Also, I realized that I'm not going to be able to make any of the chainguards I have work with that big Schwinn Sting-ray Fastback spocket, I have a Schwinn String-ray Fastback chainback coming in the mail too.

Last edited:
Did that seat come with all the brackets? What did it run you if you don't mind me asking?

Did that seat come with all the brackets? What did it run you if you don't mind me asking?

It did come with the brackets, I'm going to need to paint them though. Dan at Ichi Bike was easy to work with, he showed me the skateboards I could pick for the bottom and we dicussed how I wanted the top to look. It was a $100, including shipping.

Weekend update.

Seat's figured out. I can go ahead and spray painting all the brackets and seat post satin black.

I couldn't get the kickstand apart, so the kickstand was welded on with the kickstand in it.

It's a little long, just right with 2x4's under the tires.

Since I couldn't get the kickstand apart, I put the whole thing in the bench vise.

I put the high handlebar on for the first time today. Here it is, on the ground, standing up on its own, looking like a muscle bike.

Just have the chainguard to figure out and then paint!

That's looking really cool. What about a tandem chainguard cut down to length you need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back