Hello from the great white North

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have been on the form for a little while now, so I figure it's about time I introduce myself properly. I' just getting back into the hobby after a long hiatus. As a teen back in the 70's I was an avid cycle customizer and mechanic. I had built a few choppers, and a nice stretch that, unfortunately, I have no photographs of. I graduated to road bikes in my late teens and 20's and then life and bad habits got in the way and I set aside childish things.

I quit smoking last January and this summer I came across a couple of very old and rusty cruisers on kijiji (a Canuckian version of Craig's list). I am now the proud owner of a 47 Columbia Firestone, a 50'ish Schwinn B6 and an as yet unidentified ladies skiptooth cruiser that I picked up for the lady of the house. The only one that's even vaguely rideable right now is the ladies cruiser, the other two bikes are in varying states of tear-down while I try to get them in running order.

That's it for now,

Dave

welcome Dave would love to see some pictures of your bikes!!!

troy

Thanks for the warm welcomes. Here are pics of the projects as I found them. The Columbia and Schwinn are pretty much torn down right now. The girls bike is the only rider at the moment so i'll probably just tune it up and keep it rolling for a while. The rims on the Schwinn are swiss cheese so I'm thinking about lacing some 24" rims to the hubs and imounting 24x3 Thick Bricks. The fork on the Columbia is pretty shot so I'm looking at a Schwinn or Monark style springer for it. Hopefully I'll have two bikes rolling for the spring.

Latest posts

Back