Incredible Talent Pool B.O. #9

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching the veterans at work really does it for me. The inspiration of thier work makes me hope to be as good as them someday. But also seeing a mix of vintage and retro builds and some of the new styles just goes to show the openness of this forum.

if it can rust ......let it

Being a noob to both the site & Rat Rod Bikes in general, I am amazed by the quality & vision of the builds shown in the current build off.

Has certainly given me food for thought & inspiration to better my abilities so I can join in the fun in the future hopefully. Even started to make plans for a brick built workshop in our back garden!!

Hats off to all you guys.

Who need fake reality
Tv??? We got the, behind the scene, guys right here and no front man!
Works out great for continuity with the show!
Yup, we are blessed!

I have had this thought for a few days as well. These guys are really bringing the heat this year in the build off. I really like the watered down rules. It has opened up a whole new world of coolness. I am stoked every morning to check out what each guy is up to.

I have had this thought for a few days as well. These guys are really bringing the heat this year in the build off. I really like the watered down rules. It has opened up a whole new world of coolness. I am stoked every morning to check out what each guy is up to.
I think ya should be saying guys and gals.... HAHAHA

I too was noticing a sort of "step-up" this year and I think it's from the combination of traditional and anything goes, or the "mash-up" if you will.

I've never really noticed any "step-up" or "step-down" over the years even going back to earlier build offs. This year, just as in past years a collective mass of artistic and mechanical creativity just explodes onto the RRB portion of the good ol' interweb. Some past builders choose to sit out each year and while we miss their talent, there are always new builders that step in to fill the void. Just look at BO rookies fordsnake two years ago and Luke last year. It's always an honor to be among you guys and gals sharing in this Flash Mob of rust and grease.

I too was noticing a sort of "step-up" this year and I think it's from the combination of traditional and anything goes, or the "mash-up" if you will.
Just what I was thinking also.
The rules change has opened up some possibilities for me that I couldn't do otherwise. Some things just need to be cut and welded!

Good thing I didn't start building before May 1!:D

Last edited:
This is my third RRBBO, and I too have noticed an unbridled creativity this time around! It's really cool!!!

But I've also noticed certain individuals who deemed it their obligations to indulge in everyone's business as to how they should build a bike or how they themselves would expertly build it if it were their project? Sadly many of these suggestions are unsolicited and unwelcome! And yet these individuals feel it’s their diligence to continue to taint and trash talk, guised as their "EXPERT" opinions.

The Rat Rod Bike forum has always offered a relaxed atmosphere with an enjoyable camaraderie. But lately, BONINE’s armor is being breeched with a kind of mockery, and cynicism I've never seen witnessed before...it mimics another bicycle forum; where the members with their pretentious bicycle collections and expert opinions are full of themselves.

Personally, I would hate to see RRB transform into that kind of elitist social group; a bunch of “know it all’s” who cannot appreciate individuality, different skill sets, the approaches and processes that are being shared.

I will read all comments and suggestions, then do it the way I want!

I do sometimes make suggestions, and I hope I have never offended anyone on the site, it is not my intent. (although a few here could benefit from my "chaos yields results" method... just look at my garage and you will understand;))

Good luck to all, Rg

Last edited:
This is my third RRBBO, and I too have noticed an unbridled creativity this time around! It's really cool!!!

But I've also noticed certain individuals who deemed it their obligations to indulge in everyone's business as to how they should build a bike or how they themselves would expertly build it if it were their project? Sadly many of these suggestions are unsolicited and unwelcome! And yet these individuals feel it’s their diligence to continue to taint and trash talk, guised as their "EXPERT" opinions.

The Rat Rod Bike forum has always offered a relaxed atmosphere with an enjoyable camaraderie. But lately, BONINE’s armor is being breeched with a kind of mockery, and cynicism I've never seen witnessed before...it mimics another bicycle forum; where the members with their pretentious bicycle collections and expert opinions are full of themselves.

Personally, I would hate to see RRB transform into that kind of elitist social group; a bunch of “know it all’s” who cannot appreciate individuality, different skill sets, the approaches and processes that are being shared.

Sadly...after reading several pages of builds and comments....I 100% agree...
Needs to stop guys...You're all my family, but when you step back and really read what is being said....it's not good/helpful advise at all.

+1, totally agree, and it is really starting to get me down.

I am sorry if any of my comments have ever come across this way, if I have offended or upset anybody I am sorry.

Luke.

Latest posts

Back