Etta ( completed front fork with assembly and a mock-up!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Certainly a design job that needs real world testing and revision if necessary.
However you have gotten much further towards making a leaf spring happen on a bike than I could ever have imagined.

the design is copied from the Indian motorcycle listed on my first page, with the addition of a disk brake mount. was unable to work on it today but should be able to finish it to ridable tomorrow then the beta tests will begin!!!once I have dialed the fork in I will cut and extend the rear triangle and start fabricating the fuel tank and altering the frame as needed to fit iinto the frame!!! :);):banana:

Troy

not much today

attached some washers and trimmed some bushings

kind of bolted it together and threw some wheels on it

so did a trailing measurement ( thanks Kingfish for the link!!!) and came up with 3 1/2 inches which is on the low end. wanted to set it up for a short ride but do not like the way the trailing arms are. So if you pivot the arms now the axle moves up about an inch and a half but the spring would come down 2 1/2inches allowing the axle to break the 90 degree plain witch can lead to fork flop and then to body flop:(!!!! as it sits now its stable until it just touches the frame so with the rubber frame bumper it should be good!!!! as for the trailing arms if I add an inch to axle side I should end up with a nice balance of about 2 1/2 inches on the lead and heal of the rocker arm of travel.this would also give me about 4 1/2 inches of trail and an increase in stabillity!!!! soooooo when I get home in 3 days will rework the rockers!! ( once again thanks kingfish for the info!!!!) :dance2::)

Troy

Last edited:
O.K. so we are back in business! with a roll of this

I was able to do this

I got a replacement one of these for the one that died! My Birthday present from Momma Jats

and since I have nothing to do tomorrow!!!! i will be able to get a lot done!! a shout out and thanks to an understanding Momma Jats who its very patiently waiting for me to get my frame stuff done before she moves forward with her build!! And I am on event coverage Tonight for more inspiration!!!!!

Troy

kind of a slow day but did get a short ride in on the front end!!!!! and its real stiff. so it rides real stable with no fork flop in the corners, although with the the shorter wheel base I will for be lengthening the stays for
stability.

The best way to start the day.

will try to get some ride pics this pm. and am still going to use the double goose neck and disk brake:)

Jats

so am I!lol.
have a clearance problem with the tire height so will be playing around with that next. need to reduce the power on the front spring and I have a few Ideas on it. Has anyone drilled spring steel?

Troy

Keep at if buddy! That is looking cool!

Ah, hardware good for the soul. Nice fork.

thanks guys and yes hardware is good for the soul

Latest posts

Back