Best Patina - "1941" WINS!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahahaha, I think every bike has a vote but mine!!! And patina was the theme of my bike!! Hahahahaha oh well, maybe I need to research patina more......haha

Hahahaha, I think every bike has a vote but mine!!! And patina was the theme of my bike!! Hahahahaha oh well, maybe I need to research patina more......haha

FWIW I think your bike has a beautiful patina, and it's real...

Carl.

I think just about every bike is going to end up in this section...:grin:
So Here's my entry,originally the bike was all chipped etc,so I used old h20 wood /house paint,then sprayed it to allow the rust to come through...The tank is brass,so wanted to create like it was from the 1900's.View attachment 5521 View attachment 5522All the brown is mock rust,except the handlebars and a few bobs,need to get a better shot of the bike frame...
Have to admit I was a little skeptical of this build in the mock up stages. Man was I wrong. I love it.

I am going to throw my hat in on this category. My frame patina is 50 year old crackled red house paint. Natural rusty saddle and handlebars, faux rusty Girvin forks and nanner beehive brace.
index.php

This is one build that I actually watched as it progressed. So many details, (and that Girvin!) one of my faves.

I think it all comes down to what patina you like the best....
Goodluck with that...:grin:

Oh exactly! The rusted FIBERGLASS tank on Drag King is a great example of a finish applied to match the worn original paint on the frame. It may be real rust but it's still applied. I think the patina on my bike, Little Neutrino is pretty cool. It looks old too, but it's minwax wood stain over bare metal. A worn finish applied isn't a deal breaker by any means. In fact it's a testament to the builder who can successfully pull it off.

Carl.

The list so far...
1. Old Friend - scribble
2. 1941 Colson - Double Nickle
3. Berkshire - ifitsfreeitsforme
4. iAM Higgins - mazdaflyer
5. Drag King - Renaissance Man
6. Pepperbox Special - Missing Link
7. Bull Honky - falcondave
8. Thrown Together - Daddyar
9. Wheatpenny - Toeslider
10. Hawthorne Twinbar - bruce
11. starsNbars - kingfish254
12. Psycho Monkey Ward - Schwinnspastic
13. Rusty Rebel - SchwinnRay69
14. Hombre - Pedal _junky
15. Cedar - RainerBeer
16. Graverobber - IronDio
17. Blue Arrow & Minnehaha - Funkme

Carl.
Krunk Junk by Outskirtscustoms is on page 1 too.

Outskirtscustoms, I'm sorry for the oversight.
Krunk Junk is a cool bike too, I don't know how I missed it.

Carl.

Outskirtscustoms, I'm sorry for the oversight.
Krunk Junk is a cool bike too, I don't know how I missed it.

Carl.
Thanks, It rides great too.

Latest posts

Back