(WBO) SGT. ROCK finished (for now)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

totally unrelated...
built around 13-14 yrs ago, redwalls and flat black, last summer.

Carl.

Is that red frame a Typhoon? It looks alot like my old paper-route bike from 52 years ago. Still like the looks of it.
Same bike I had for my paper route as well. That "WALD" basket hanging over the front, that bike would fall over loaded at least 3 times a week... for no good reason. STUPID PAPERS! I got a flat one day on the route. Cut the tube out and stuffed news papers in the tire to get it home.

use plasic 55 gallon drum for thr side car , & some cheap barbe que frame for the suports
just a thought
I've seen little kiddie trains pulled by a garden tractor made from those. Yeah... not the look I'm after.

Carl. :comando:

I'm really trying to figure out the lightest way to do a sidecar...
I've yet to lift a finger on this bike, I'm still spinning ideas around.
Wouldn't a wicker sidecar be exceptional? Not exactly SGT.ROCK,
but it'd still be cool...
So no paint, no theme, till I know what I'm doing...
Ha, like that's gonna happen...

Carl.

What about some sort of wire mesh?
Wire_Mesh_by_RosalineStock.jpg

What about some sort of wire mesh?

IF, it even gets a sidecar... and a lot of that hinges on being able to find a little wire feed welder for cheap (and the learning curve) but, I'd like to build a good rigid frame with a sprung (buggy style) bullet nose, fabbed from scratch. Something like 5/16 solid tube and sheetmetal... I can see this thing in my mind and I think I can build it. Lucky for me there's a lot of time and the bike itself doesn't need much. Of course something found, like a rocket from a carnival ride,(wouldn't that be cool!?) could find it's way on here too!

IF, it even gets a sidecar... and a lot of that hinges on being able to find a little wire feed welder for cheap (and the learning curve) but, I'd like to build a good rigid frame with a sprung (buggy style) bullet nose, fabbed from scratch. Something like 5/16 solid tube and sheetmetal... I can see this thing in my mind and I think I can build it. Lucky for me there's a lot of time and the bike itself doesn't need much. Of course something found, like a rocket from a carnival ride,(wouldn't that be cool!?) could find it's way on here too!

i think i saw one in the side car tread somewhere !

Wich I still had the pic, but a while back I ran into a vespa with a side car made from an airplane pedal car. Was the coolest thing I've seen in a very, very long time.

Wich I still had the pic, but a while back I ran into a vespa with a side car made from an airplane pedal car. Was the coolest thing I've seen in a very, very long time.
I've seen that pic. I really like the wicker ones, but I'm leaning towards either a bullet nose or the small military style on the Indian...
I have seen a mini VW van on a Vespa too... pretty wild.

Carl.

Get a cheapy Harbor Freight wire feed set up and buy decent (Lincoln or Hobart) wire for it. The wire really makes the difference. $100 easy.

Get a cheapy Harbor Freight wire feed set up and buy decent (Lincoln or Hobart) wire for it. The wire really makes the difference. $100 easy.
That sounds like just what I'm looking for...
A small investment to get started with...
You ever use one?

Carl.

That sounds like just what I'm looking for...
A small investment to get started with...
You ever use one?

Carl.
I borrowed my neighbors when I built the sub frame for my pedicab, that's how I learned about the wire thing. It's by no means a precision piece of equipment but it welds. It's a good starter.

I borrowed my neighbors when I built the sub frame for my pedicab, that's how I learned about the wire thing. It's by no means a precision piece of equipment but it welds. It's a good starter.
Cool, I've been using a borrowed 110v stick welder :eek: poj...
It was by no means a precision instrument either...

Carl.

the 110 sticks are all junk that ive seen anyway but the 110 migs most are decent welders but i would get one that you can use gas or flux core both you can usually do pretty good getting one from the pawn shop if it is a decent pawn shop

I agree with patman there has been some really cool kids cars or toys made from wheel barrow tubs. I would check google out. I have seen a couple that was made to look like T buckets or 23 ford roadsters. I bet it would make a neat sidecar maybe one on top of the other to make a capsel? I'm sorry just thinking while typing.

possible sidecar attachment points and inner frame geometry...

or just another scribble in paint.

Carl.

I found my seat, was on my 36' Hawthorne (Little Neutrino)
when I found it... It's like baseball glove leather and HUGE!
unmarked I have no idea who made it. but it's comfy.

probably won't use these big aftermarket bars...

Too shiny...

Carl.

Latest posts

Back