(WBO) Bhuzzard

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had some good luck today! With all of the problems I've been having with vehicle repairs, I was due.:) I did however spend most of the day working on my truck again, but that's another story.

I was able to get the drive side chain dialed in by using a half link. But the pedal side chain was not working out at all. I thought that my only solution was going to be a chain tensioner which I really didn't want to have to use. Then I started looking at different size chain rings and swapped the 46T that I had on it to a 52T and that put the chain tension right on the money! Ironically, the 52T was the original chain ring that came with the bike.:D

I also rubbed down the frame with boiled linseed oil and started the accelerated aging process on the tank and the engine. I didn't take any pics today.

16735068338_311a7453ec_o.jpg

Well done.Great paint job.
I know your holding back.:grin:
And spring this beast on us at the last min...

Well done.Great paint job.
I know your holding back.:grin:
And spring this beast on us at the last min...
I'm not holding back, but unfortunately you're right about the last minute. I'll be working like a mad man tomorrow to try and get everything together in time for the Get-A-Grip show Saturday. I'm certain that I won't get as far as trying to get it running. I really needed those days that I lost to vehicle repairs.

No time for details, but I've got most of the bike together for the show tomorrow and I rode it by pedal power for the first time today. Got some more to do and then load the truck tonight.

This leather coat had to be sacrificed.;)
100_9043_zpsjkjly8fg.jpg

I was up late Friday working on the Bhuzzard and gone all day yesterday to the Get-A-Grip show, so there's some catching up to do.
I've got everything put together except for the wiring throttle and clutch for the engine. I hope that I can finish that tomorrow. It's supposed to rain in the morning but I hope that it will clear out by afternoon for my photos. It will have to be done by tomorrow because it's my wife's birthday on Tuesday and I refuse to be working on it then!

Here's the photos of the pimp coat saddle covering:
Saddle_zpstwxnkzh6.jpg

Oh and by the way, the Bhuzzard won a top twenty plaque yesterday at the show.:happy:

I was up late Friday working on the Bhuzzard and gone all day yesterday to the Get-A-Grip show, so there's some catching up to do.
I've got everything put together except for the wiring throttle and clutch for the engine. I hope that I can finish that tomorrow. It's supposed to rain in the morning but I hope that it will clear out by afternoon for my photos. It will have to be done by tomorrow because it's my wife's birthday on Tuesday and I refuse to be working on it then!

Here's the photos of the pimp coat saddle covering:
Saddle_zpstwxnkzh6.jpg

Oh and by the way, the Bhuzzard won a top twenty plaque yesterday at the show.:happy:
Sounds like your cutting it as close as I am on time. Nice work on the seat and congrats on the plaque.:thumbsup:

I like how you incorporated the seam into the cover.
Congrats on the plaque!

Carl.
Thanks Carl, I thought it would add some detail and it was already sewn in the coat so it wasn't any extra work for me.:D
Sounds like your cutting it as close as I am on time. Nice work on the seat and congrats on the plaque.:thumbsup:
Yep, last week's work was very sparse and beyond my control so now I'm having to rush everything. It is a rideable bike even if I don't get the motor running by tomorrow so I guess I can still post it in the finished section. Dr. Tankenstein rode it yesterday until he discovered that in my haste, I didn't fully tighten the stem!:eek:

Very nice!

Luke.
Thanks Luke, here are the grips covered with the same leather:
grips_zpswm32paop.jpg

This was the last thing that I did before loading the bikes at about midnight on Friday. Because I was tired and rushing to get done, I overlooked the position of the seam on the throttle side and it can't be rotated to the bottom, so it will have to be done over.:mad: the end caps are made from automotive freeze plugs and 1/4" carriage bolts. The original ones were cheap plastic pieces.

Latest posts

Back