Beer Boy Delivery... Final product on Finished thread! ...while I've been waiting....this:

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting off with this Western Flyer, Galaxy Flyer model I picked up on CL here in Minneapolis, MN. Leaving it in it's rusty patina, may shine up some of the chrome, and adding parts from 3 other "garden bikes" I got cheap on CL as well. It's a play on the "paper boy" bikes of the 50's and 60's....only with a big "boy" delivery product.....

Is that the start or the finish photo o_O

Glen. :D
Ha ha Glen! This is the way it looked when I picked it up a few weeks ago. Pretty good shape overall, lots of rust....which is how I like 'em!

Look forward to seeing your "BEER RUN" bike ferment over the next few months into a fine brew.

A 60's AMF frame with Murray chain ring. A very good start.

The forks look like they have been straightened at least once. I'd check the crown closely for cracks. A good excuse for a springer.

Made some additions / changes to the Beer Boy Delivery rig this past weekend. Hoping the pics / captions line up....newbie to this process. Please comment / advise at will! First two are the garden "donor" bikes I bought for parts:

Schwinn woman's bike, fenders donated...

Unknown model woman's bike, rear rack donated...nice rack...

Old Brooks cruiser saddle I bought about 4 yrs ago....

Last edited by a moderator:
My uncles had these on their farm bikes in the 60's. Leather hub "dangler" (term?) that shines the hub as you ride...this one I made from an old belt....grain belt...*raises eyebrows*

Giant bottle cap decor piece I found at JoAnn Fabrics. (yes, I'm one of those guys who shops JoAnn's) Scrubbing off the brown paint, logo painted on next, then drop it in the pond to add that rusty "ratina"....

As she sits so far. Crank and rims polished up real nice. Also added some mtb cruiser tires. Like the "truck like" look of the knobs on the side. Trying to decide, should I "whitewall" them or leave black? If I do, would use an acrylic paint and just do a light coat for that "aged" look...thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
My uncles had these on their farm bikes in the 60's. Leather hub "dangler" (term?) that shines the hub as you ride...this one I made from an old belt....grain belt...*raises eyebrows*
They are called hub shiners! ;)

Luke.

Yeah, she means fenders. She's an Aussie and down under, we call them "mudguards" or "guards" for short.

Glen.
Dang it fenders !!!! :21:
:headbang:Forgot to flick the switch and think like a yank.:grin:

Dang it fenders !!!! :21:
:headbang:Forgot to flick the switch and think like a yank.:grin:
I kind of thought that was what you meant. Can you also flip your vocal switch and talk like a "Yank"; as so many of your talented actors can do in this country? :grin:

"Unknown" Girls bike is a Murray-built 'Liner! Too bad your so far away, I'd snatch that from you...with permission, of course!!! :crazy:

The chainring is for a Murray, too!

Nice build! I like where you're going...

"Unknown" Girls bike is a Murray-built 'Liner! Too bad your so far away, I'd snatch that from you...with permission, of course!!! :crazy:

The chainring is for a Murray, too!

Nice build! I like where you're going...
I will prob try to save that Murray liner frame for another Build Off, but will keep you in mind Brett. Now, where to hide that bike till next year from my wife....?...

Latest posts

Back