The Silver Surfer - FINISHED! (BOTEN)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure it's the rear-loading prototypes that go for all the dough, though these side-loader redlines are still worth a fair amount.
Yeah that's right.the rear loaders that where from Shell Station in 1967-8.wish I still had all of those redline Hot Wheels that I smashed with a hammer as a brat.:cry:

I've had a couple people ask how I'm going to carry the surfboard. Well, this is a bicycle surf rack.

And it mounts to the seat post or the frame. Mine will mount to the seat post. I will still need to paint it silver.

Finally got my new shoes yesterday. Stupid post office first delivered my tires to someone in Georgia. Do they not read the label? Mississippi and Georgia look nothing alike. So it took an extra week but I got them yesterday.

I was planning on using the small metal flake grips but the old pointy ones are the exact same color as the tires so those are the ones I'm going with. Everything should be in bare metal this weekend and ready for primer. I'm thinking about painting up the surfboard first though.

the metal flake grips look better
with the seat. trips are to accent the seat. cool tires. the red is going to look excellent with silver.:cool2:
I was going to use the metalflake grips but since they are slightly see-through the chrome from the handlebars made the handgrips too dark. I want all the red accents on this bike to be the exact same color, I'm not looking for a bunch of different shades of red.

Well, I was working on the Silver Surfer in my living room and what do you think was on TV? That's right, SURFING!!! Talk about inspiration.

The bare metal on the frame looks amazing. I'm thinking about incorporating some bare metal along with the paint job. I'm going to do a test this week to see how it looks.

Sweet!

That brat looks great in bare metal, much better than purple !
Hang bo Ten brah :rockout::rockout:
Mark
Yeah, I didn't like the purple either. Now I just need to find some pedals that are the same color red as everything else. It's not as easy as I thought it would be.

Sweet. I got one of those bratz bikes I plundered for the seat/tires/apes. Gotta rebuild it for the new GF's kiddo. Nice inspire! it does look awesome in raw color like that!

Sweet. I got one of those bratz bikes I plundered for the seat/tires/apes. Gotta rebuild it for the new GF's kiddo. Nice inspire! it does look awesome in raw color like that!
I couldn't keep it purple. I just felt like I was riding a girls bike. Even though it technically is.

could paint the front tubes with red scallops and have the rest of the frame polished up with red accents!

Latest posts

Back