MotoDromo Special II : New video! with ride...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big update today... I finally decided to take the plunge on something ive been debating for a while. But Ill let the pictures do the talking :grin:

First I tacked the lower tubes back onto the seat tube to give the frame a little more rigidity. And I used the old string and a nut to make sure everything was nice and plumb.

Then this happened:eek:

I think this bike needs some rake:crazy:

After a good amount of heat from a blow torch and a few clicks from the ratchet I got it right where I want it:happy:

Thankfully everything is still nice and plumb!

Obviously I had to mock it all up and see if I just ruined the lines:39:

I think it turned out pretty good:grin:. This weekend I'll weld the top tube back on and then im ready to start the big secret ive been holding back from telling you all:cool2::cool2:

Thanks for looking!

:eek:Wow is than an H1?!!?! Well that is about 500 awesome reasons not to think about motorized bikes:grin: what are you doing building a bicycle? Get back to workin on that Mach III:21:[emoji106]
It's an S-1 250 , should have a a bit of a powerband. The reason it's not tore down is I need some space to lay out parts ect..

Sorry for the phone pics, I forgot my camera at home today:rolleyes: But I didn't do much except weld the new top tube on. Its probably little surprise that Im going to fab a gas tank for the bike, but this time Im going to have the tank on top of the top tube. Because of that I decided to use a straight tube simply because it will be easier to mount the tank.

I messed up the angle of the front cut:mad: but it wasnt a big deal filling it with weld

Tacked up and everything is still nice and straight:thumbsup:

I did weld it all up and it turned out pretty decent but go figure my phone ran out of battery so I couldn't take any more pictures.:android:
Well that's it for today, thanks for looking!

This is some mad scientist stuff here!! Great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

WOW! Nice work getting the rake the way you want it.
I was surprised to see a straight top tube go in, but I am guessing a saddle tank will straddle that.
Awesome build!

This is some mad scientist stuff here!! Great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Thanks! :grin: but im not sure about the scientist part :crazy::crazy:

Sick....I don't say that a lot but it's the only word I can think of to describe what I'm seeing.

Much appreciated :thumbsup: Im trying to push my limits on this one...

Very Nice Work!:rockout:

Thanks!:grin:

Can't wait to see what kind of tank you're cooking up for this!

Thanks:thumbsup: It will be similar to last years but without louvers and on top of the tube instead of below. But I wont ruin my big surprise quite yet:p:grin:

WOW! Nice work getting the rake the way you want it.
I was surprised to see a straight top tube go in, but I am guessing a saddle tank will straddle that.
Awesome build!

Thanks KF! I have to admit I was really nervous because it was my first time:rolleyes:
And you nailed it on the head:acute: I figured it would be easier to mount the tank on a straight tube than a curved tube, and I should get a little bit more fuel in the tank too:grin:

Last edited:
Little bit of progress and a big teaser. Im going to make a gas tank that goes over the top tube so to maximize capacity I had to get rid of the seat stay extension lower curved tube thingamajigs (just realized I have no idea what they are called:oops:)

Then to add a bit of rigidity back into the frame and simply because I think it looks cool even though it will be covered by the tank, I used this curved bit of tube from the chrome cruiser bars that I cut up for the shotgun exhaust tips... hmmm that might be a run on sentence.

Welded...

Here's a teaser I cant help but share:grin:. I made this little fairing at the end of last years BO build but it didnt fit with the bike. So that has been one of the main things Ive been wanting to incorporate into this bike. I'll make a new one that will probably look quite different, but I cant do that until I make the tank, so it looks like be next on the list:rockout:

That's it for today, thanks for looking!

Little bit of progress and a big teaser. Im going to make a gas tank that goes over the top tube so to maximize capacity I had to get rid of the seat stay extension lower curved tube thingamajigs (just realized I have no idea what they are called:oops:)

Then to add a bit of rigidity back into the frame and simply because I think it looks cool even though it will be covered by the tank, I used this curved bit of tube from the chrome cruiser bars that I cut up for the shotgun exhaust tips... hmmm that might be a run on sentence.

Welded...

Here's a teaser I cant help but share:grin:. I made this little fairing at the end of last years BO build but it didnt fit with the bike. So that has been one of the main things Ive been wanting to incorporate into this bike. I'll make a new one that will probably look quite different, but I cant do that until I make the tank, so it looks like be next on the list:rockout:

That's it for today, thanks for looking!

That intake is KILLER. I have an engine for next year and am wanting one like that. I have a 133cc though. I have to measure the intake size of my carb. I'm an idiot in regard to engines.

Straight baller ride, those weld and fish mouths are clean. Very textbook, looking outstanding

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

That intake is KILLER. I have an engine for next year and am wanting one like that. I have a 133cc though. I have to measure the intake size of my carb. I'm an idiot in regard to engines.
Thanks Sounds like a sweet little engine, go for it:thumbsup:

Cut the fairing to fit the angle of the fork throw in a headlight,add some patina magic and go on with your bad self.
Dont worry :grin: Im going to make an all new fairing to fit the lines of this bike, that was one I made last year...

Love the fairing idea!

Luke.

....wow....
:grin: Thats the reaction Im hoping to get from this build, Thanks!;)

Latest posts

Back