(BOTEN) "OUTLAW" ...Withdrawn from the build-off...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the lack of progress people! Sorry also for not checking in your builds for a while...

Build work is on hold at the moment, having a few personal issues, including the death of a close friend with cancer, I really have not felt like building at all...

Progress will happen eventually, I will keep you updated, but making the deadline with a completely finished bike is probably not going to happen.

Luke.

Sorry for the lack of progress people! Sorry also for not checking in your builds for a while...

Build work is on hold at the moment, having a few personal issues, including the death of a close friend with cancer, I really have not felt like building at all...

Progress will happen eventually, I will keep you updated, but making the deadline with a completely finished bike is probably not going to happen.

Luke.

Sorry for your loss, Luke. My thoughts are with you.

Glen.

Somethings in life are just way more important than a bike build , there will always be another bike build , family and friends are only here for a short time and we all need to make the most of that time , Sorry for your loss

Sorry for your loss, Luke. My thoughts are with you.

Glen.
My most heartfelt condolences, may the love of family and friends comfort you during this time.
Luke, first, my condolences.

I just wanted to say that your fabrication skills always impress. The lines of the frame/fork combo is not my style, but even so, I am seriously in awe of your building execution. Great job.
Sorry to hear about your loss Luke.
Sincere condolences to you and your friends family.
You do what you have to do.
Somethings in life are just way more important than a bike build , there will always be another bike build , family and friends are only here for a short time and we all need to make the most of that time , Sorry for your loss
So sorry for the loss of your friend Luke.
Sorry for your loss. Praying for his friends and family.
I'm really sorry about your friend Luke. Trust me, friends and family always come first no matter what else is going on in our world.
Just checked in and read the sad news.
Sorry to hear about your mate passing.
My sincere condolences. Sad to hear.
Cancer took my father in his forties. It's never easy to be near it. Hope you get to feeling better soon.
Thanks everyone, much appreciating your thoughts!

I took a few days off, and while the stresses are still there, I am dealing with it a bit better.

Decided today to do some work on the bike to try and distract me from my thoughts and it worked fairly well. Not much to show, I only worked on the jackshaft and brake arrangement, which meant driving apart three different hubs for their various pieces and starting to reassemble them into one piece. A couple of the hubs were an absolute nightmare to get separated, it took welding lengths of steel to them and repeated bashing with a big hammer to get them apart, one did not survive the ordeal and had to be replaced with parts from two others...
I think my left-hand thumb nail might be a bit black tomorrow from a hit it took too...:grin:

I was just on the point of reassembly and doing the first weld on one end when I ran out of wire in the welder, so that pulled me up for the day, but at least it is all thought out and all the pieces are ready to be assembled so it should go together quickly next time.

Decided to mount the brake disc in the centre of the jackshaft as I described as an option on the last video, it wont be easily replaceable mounted that way, but I doubt it will wear out on this bike in any hurry.

Luke.

So very sorry for the loss of your friend Luke. Don't worry about the bike, life friends and family take precedence of the build off. Prayers and best wishes headed your way from your build brothers and sisters.

Glad to see you were able to use the bike to escape from other worries for a while. Sometimes it's good to just whack on something with a hammer too.

... ran out of wire in the welder,

Luke.

SNAP! I had the same thing when I did the last tack on that piece I showed in my thread… ran out of wire just as I started another tack. So I'll need some new wire and I'll get a new tip while I'm at it.

Glad you have been able to get your thoughts distracted with a bit of work. I'm sure your friend wouldn't want you to mope around. Suffering from depression myself, I know how these kinds of things can get you down.

Just do what you can when you can. If appropriate, maybe dedicate this build to your friend?

Glen.

Luke, your builds are always a highlight, I haven't posted much but this is my favorite this year. Your friend lives on in your memories, my Dad is winding down with bone cancer, getting weaker every time I see him. I still remember him as a strong man. It's hard, but try to let go of the loss, and remember the life. God's peace my friend.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back