Daddy Long Legs (former Thin legged cruiser)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to see this man I was digging this build . I guess you got to caulk it up as a learning curve . Better a broken frame then a broken neck . I'm sure you will be back next year [emoji232]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to see this man I was digging this build . I guess you got to caulk it up as a learning curve . Better a broken frame then a broken neck . I'm sure you will be back next year [emoji232]

I've decided to not to give up so fast. On the day the frame broke i was really frustrated, but now I want to get it done one way or another.

I've decided to not to give up so fast. On the day the frame broke i was really frustrated, but now I want to get it done one way or another.
Right on man winners never quit & quitters never win !! Geter Done

Geek mode on.
When you braze things together you do it at high temperatures (for the material you are brazing) so there is some reaction between the base material and the material you are adding. So when you are brazing copper with tin you are actually making a thin layer of bronze.
Geek mode off.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I had to check you on this, but yes you are geek to the awesome!

IT was a long day but now I can take it to bikes meeting in Madrid this weekend.
Then I'll have to paint the frame search for cool accessories and so on and so on... but it rides!
I'll post a video as soon as I'll figure out how to do it.
I really appreciate your support guys.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk[/URL]

Last edited:
You should detail those parts out for us too! Looks great.
The wheels are 28 inch ( actually they call them 29 in mtb world), shimano alfine 11 hub in the back and a dynamo hub in the front. Tires are schwalbe big Ben 28x2
200mm disc brakes front and rear
Noname cranks with 44 tooth
An old cannondale saddle and a mtb bars.

The wheels are 28 inch ( actually they call them 29 in mtb world), shimano alfine 11 hub in the back and a dynamo hub in the front. Tires are schwalbe big Ben 28x2
200mm disc brakes front and rear
Noname cranks with 44 tooth
An old cannondale saddle and a mtb bars.

Whoo Alfine 11 ?
That is one smooth riding hub! I love to get me one of those hubs but they are so expensive!

Keep up the good work!

Frank

Not only does it look cool, but the geometry seems like it would be pretty comfy
It actually would look pretty cool to do some faux painting to make it look like bamboo.
I can tell you now that it is really comfy ride and my god is it smooth even with the wheels not properly centered. the thin steel tubing and big wheels absorb almost all bumps! It turned out better than I've expected.
And because it's weights so little (i can hold it with one hand) it goes like heck. Now I do understand all the hype about carbon fiber and titanium frames. too bad that there are only sporty bikes made from lightweight stuff.

Last edited:
Great on getting it upright and rolling again looks like a fun ride !

Sorry for being silent for so long....
The "ultraligera" frame did not work out :(.. it kept on breaking, flexing and driving me crazy. So I've decided to step back on this and redo the project.
This time I've used standard metric mild steel tubes that I could bend.
So for two weeks I was working on the new frame and here is the result:
Been my tubes
2015-07-11%2012.47.30_zps8kiklcr7.jpg

Main triangle attempt (I've changed it a bit)
2015-07-12%2009.50.05_zpshw93xibv.jpg

Frame on wheels (steel need to cut and sand a lot)
2015-07-17%2018.52.24_zpssq0f3ttz.jpg

And it is really low!
2015-07-17%2018.52.55_zpstjxuugtc.jpg

Hope Ill manage to get it done by the end of buildoff:)
P.D.: Ive jumped on it before taking photos,it is alive! though it weight more than the misfit frame

Welcome back!
I like the new game plan!

There you go looking better then the last frame . Cool [emoji106]

Latest posts

Back