(BOTEN) "OUTLAW" ...Withdrawn from the build-off...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their spirit will live on in you and will always be there. Honor and remember the good times. Your extended family is here for you. PEACE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Luke sorry to hear the news. Lost my aunt and two grandparents to it. Horrible thing. I hope you and yours find some peace.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

So very sorry for the loss of your friend Luke. Don't worry about the bike, life friends and family take precedence of the build off. Prayers and best wishes headed your way from your build brothers and sisters.

Glad to see you were able to use the bike to escape from other worries for a while. Sometimes it's good to just whack on something with a hammer too.
Sorry for your loss, my prayers go out to you for healing, we are all here for ya.
Some of these bikes such as this one amaze me at the amount of work and creativity put into them. Really enjoyed reading through your build thread on this one. Great job
SNAP! I had the same thing when I did the last tack on that piece I showed in my thread… ran out of wire just as I started another tack. So I'll need some new wire and I'll get a new tip while I'm at it.

Glad you have been able to get your thoughts distracted with a bit of work. I'm sure your friend wouldn't want you to mope around. Suffering from depression myself, I know how these kinds of things can get you down.

Just do what you can when you can. If appropriate, maybe dedicate this build to your friend?

Glen.
Sorry to hear about your loss, my heartfelt condolences.
Luke, your builds are always a highlight, I haven't posted much but this is my favorite this year. Your friend lives on in your memories, my Dad is winding down with bone cancer, getting weaker every time I see him. I still remember him as a strong man. It's hard, but try to let go of the loss, and remember the life. God's peace my friend.

Carl.
Their spirit will live on in you and will always be there. Honor and remember the good times. Your extended family is here for you. PEACE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Luke sorry to hear the news. Lost my aunt and two grandparents to it. Horrible thing. I hope you and yours find some peace.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
Sorry to hear that Luke take care & God bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My deepest condolences. My thoughts are with you.
Thanks to everyone, your thoughts are appreciated!

Luke.

I did some work on the drivetrain yesterday, made the jackshaft and started on the drive-side dropout, not happy with how the dropout came out so I will cut it off and start again...

Here is the jackshaft, it is 73mm longer than a standard rear MTB hub:

18951480198_0c2232270c_z.jpg

I used one of those threaded discbrake adapters that thread onto a drive thread and ground down a drive side hub end to slide over the jackshaft, I will weld the hub end in place when it is all set up and I can get the position exact.

Packed up for the day when the temperatures started dropping too rapidly and came inside, started work on another project...

My Brother-In-Law got one of those talking Minion toys from McDonalds with a happy meal, it worked ok for a little while but it got quieter and quieter and then just stopped, so I figured "We can rebuild him, we have the technology!"

I present to you "The Cyborg Minion" powered by a 2xAA battery pack, it is now much louder and the batteries should last for years!

18516564434_15a4d5bf97_z.jpg

Luke.

A video:

Luke.

Luke, my condolences on your loss. May the memories of your shared experience help to ease the pain and give comfort in the days ahead....On another note, your build continues to amaze me with the custom mechanical mods and your "no fear" attitude to cutting up and welding back together dissimilar parts! Weld-one! :grin:

I am sitting in the doctors office waiting room debating on playing your souped up Minion video...ok maybe I will wait so I can laugh out loud..

heya luke
I just read you're post and heard about you're loss
first off my deepest condolences go to you brother.
it is never easy to lose a close friend.
but just remember he is watching down on you with everything you do
I definitely understand about putting the build on hold.
a sfar as the build goes it is looking fantastic so far
keep us informed and just a thought but maybe you could dedicate this build to you're friend.
looking forward to seeing another fantastic build you always bring you're a game and never disappoint us .
sean

Sorry for the rubbish pictures, these are from my phone that has seen better days. Just not up to doing videos at the moment...

Started by trimming down and cleaning up the offside crank arm:

19216455029_fb329efe37_z.jpg

It will end up under this stainless steel cover which started out as a sauce dipping bowl from a dollar store:

19396441082_ba6e7f5095_z.jpg

Cut of my last effort at the drive side dropout and made this new one from an old Bratz bike sissy bar and some steel plate:

19215049890_ee4f4589e2_z.jpg

The drivetrain is mostly done at this point:

18782026073_5b18697d1a_z.jpg

19402650385_ea4c165f2b_z.jpg

Started on the forks, only got as far as extending the threadless fork tube by 2" to suit the extra long headtube, but now I have a place to start next time:

18782026163_a03712fefc_z.jpg

I probably will not be using that bar clamp, will probably make up something that mounts the bars and the top of the forks more cleanly.

Also thinking about a change to the frame that I want to make next time, it will lose me half a day to do it, but should flow better...

Luke.

Forgot to mention, considering a colour change and the addition of an extra discbrake to the front wheel as well... Plenty still to happen and see on this build! :crazy2:

Now where did I put that twin cable front brake lever??? :39:

Luke.

Hadn't been around for a while. Also sorry for your loss. Cancer has taken my father, mother and sister. Good to see you making progress on your super build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back