Seat/Saddle Clamps?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What the heck?
been searching for a device that mount seat/saddle to seat post..
What do you all call it?
I would say seat clamp or saddle clamp..
Well anyway.. I googled above words... and results ended up with seat post clamps..
with mixed results, I came across single rail or double rails, but none for Mesinger or Troxel with flat bar styled rails...
Yeah bummer.. Over on ebay has some but, price range ween $20 to $40 is a bit silly for it..

I call'm guts, but that ain't gonna make'm any cheaper. This is a supply and demand situation--- flat rails are almost entirely obsolete, so they're not making many new flat-rail guts.... and the old ones that are still serviceable are hard to come by, so folks who want to run their vintage flat-rail saddle are gonna pay accordingly.

Post a picture of what you need. I have some kind of flat rail seat but I'm not sure they are all the same.

Post a picture of what you need. I have some kind of flat rail seat but I'm not sure they are all the same.
very similar to this type as from luxlow site..
seatpanclampga.jpg

the ones that I have is so worn, it wouldn't mesh together tight enough.. allowing saddle to rock fore and aft like a rocking chair.. I would hate to tack weld the parts in place..

I call'm guts, but that ain't gonna make'm any cheaper. This is a supply and demand situation--- flat rails are almost entirely obsolete, so they're not making many new flat-rail guts.... and the old ones that are still serviceable are hard to come by, so folks who want to run their vintage flat-rail saddle are gonna pay accordingly.

That's what I am afraid of.. you're very much right on the subject.. :thumbsup:

You may end up having to file notches in the seat frame flat rails because they may be taller than the seat clamps.

You may end up having to file notches in the seat frame flat rails because they may be taller than the seat clamps.
It fits perfectly snug over flat rail after flattening.. Since I beat those indents flat, it widen ear parts a bit, but depends on other make and model of saddle may needs a little more approach such as filing notches..
I had to cut and file the post stop because it allows the post to set too close to the pan about 1/8".. Just don't wanna to feel the post knocking against the pan as I hit any bumps.. It's all good now..

Latest posts

Back