VOTE HERE! - OFFICIAL B.O. VOTE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Select your 3 favorite bikes!

• 1. 1951 CwC custom flat tracker - G-Matt

Votes: 22 9.4%
  • 2. 26" muscle/cruiser - topnotchisx

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 3. 37 Elman Streamline Deluxe - Waldo Jeffers

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • 4. '39 Red-Balloons - Rory

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • 5. 8-ply - deven_science

Votes: 17 7.3%
  • 6. Artemus - Falstaff

• 7. Autumnic Dog - Sharmangsaurusrex

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • 8. Awe10Shun - 2dawgs

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • 9. Beer Boy Delivery - OddJob

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • 10. Billy Bobber "Phantom X" - billy bob customs

Votes: 9 3.9%
  • 11. Bultaco Flat Tracker - Portland Rob

• 12. cafe racer - HuffDaddy

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • 13. Classic rat renamed TRAVELLAR - g-ratter

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 14. Columbia Convertible Commuter - The Renaissance Man

Votes: 28 12.0%
  • 15. Compax Traveler - Dan Hampton

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 16. Da BLABBERMOUTH - Jake Sensi

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 17. Da Brat aka Chameleon - seangee

• 18. Daddy Long Legs - boro

• 19. Der Boten Baron/Felt Red Baron - rydr1

• 20. Destino Flyer - karfer67

Votes: 17 7.3%
  • 21. Earl Grey - kingsting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 22. Edsel Corsair - scrumblero

• 23. El Chango Laton (That Funky Monkey) - gowjobs

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • 24. El Dinero - cherrydeuce

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • 25. Eliminator - Scribble

• 26. EvansColson-special commander - MazdaFlyer

• 27. Fat trooper - Metal///DIY

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • 28. Fenix - fordsnake

Votes: 45 19.3%
  • 29. Fire arrow - idiotboy

• 30. Firestone Super Klunker - joel.romeo.79

• 31. Flameliner - MrLeghorn

• 32. Gasser - horsefarmer

• 33. Geneva - American Vintage Bicycle Supply

• 34. Gentleman's Indian cycle - Pushie Pirate

• 35. Get-R-Done - tvc15

• 36. Growler Grabber - kim_dude

• 37. Helen A. Handbasket - Heavy Pedal

• 38. HellCamino - nateyboy

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • 39. Hot Fun In the Summertime - Jane Says

• 40. Hot Rod Chopper - 65rat

• 41. Huffman BareFlyte - Dr.Tankenstein

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • 42. Immaculate Deception - brett4christ

• 43. Janky - texasbigjohn

• 44. Jinxed - kensmurray

• 45. Jukadi - us56456712

• 46. Junk Crafted HIGGINS - MONARKofSoCal

• 47. Krazy Horse - KempRacing

• 48. Lady Snake - karl

• 49. Las Ditch F4T - IronDio

• 50. Liberty - bikedudeomaha

• 51. Low Buck Lady Layback - Ogre

• 52. M*A*S*H 4077th - kowalski385

• 53. Middle Child - noodlenoggin

• 54. Mint Trip - Pedal_Junky

• 55. MixFiT - Vin-New

• 56. MotoDromo Special 11 - jasper87

Votes: 32 13.7%
  • 57. Murican Flyer - hammer mechanic

• 58. Nes Quick - darren orange

• 59. Nuthin' Special - metalchewey

• 60. Quasimoto - macncheese

• 61. RAMCHARGERS Drag Bike - roadwarrior

Votes: 23 9.9%
  • 62. Red Sterling 1941 Westfield Prewar Tank Bike - tanksalot

• 63. Red Velvet - Kev Higgins

• 64. Rot-Ten Colson - schwinnspastic

• 65. Route 66 Rollfast Cruiser - Vintage-Iron

• 66. Rusty Trails - SoulGarageOH

• 67. SB-ll aka Sunday Best - gsc

• 68. Schwinn Spitfire Reboot - Yooperman

• 69. Screaming Rabbit - Georgeediii

Votes: 21 9.0%
  • 70. Sil's BDay Present : Que Sera Sera - MplsCoaster

• 71. Silver Surfer - Bike Bum

• 72. Simply Klunkin - heartlandcruisers

• 73. SLIVER - jodphoto

• 74. sweet leaf - cthomps

• 75. The Bonneville Roadster - drabe

Votes: 31 13.3%
  • 76. The build formerly known as Harlequin - GuitarCarl

• 77. The Coop-ster - drangnusa

• 78. The General Lee - ChadT

• 79. The Huffster - DC4L

• 80. The Porcellio - EdgarS

• 81. The Ugly Duckling (Black Phantom Klunker) - schwinn boy

• 82. The Weenie Wagon - Funkme

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • 83. The White Rabbit - order99

• 84. Thunder Klunk - kevin kanouff

• 85. Under Pressure - c1run1

Votes: 9 3.9%
  • 86. Verboten - kingfish254

Votes: 81 34.8%
  • 87. Vinyl Schwinn - Canon

• 88. War Boy - j.sutterfield

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Did the vote on my PC with Firefox and Windows 10. Did not help...the bikes looked more amazing and detailed then the phone or pad could ever show. Congrats to all my fellow bike builders for putting so much passion and time into these rides. Now lets air up them tires and enjoy the summer rides.:dance2:

Can't remember....when does the official voting end? Do I still have time to contact all my facebook friends....? :bigsmile:

Can't remember....when does the official voting end? Do I still have time to contact all my facebook friends....? :bigsmile:
I think voting ends at 6:18pm central time Monday.
My boss asked me if he could vote for my build, I said sure just get a membership to the site.
He's not into bikes,so he decided not to. Maybe I should run over his toe next time I ride Artemus to work.

J/K I wouldn't do that.....or would I :39:

What I find interesting is that, using kingfish's calculation method, there have been around 200 people who have voted....but the voting poll has had 4500 views! Even if all the builders of the final 88 viewed this thing twice a day for the past week, that only accounts for less than 25% of all the views. How do people outside of the ratrodbike.com community know to click on the forums, then the voting booth, then the "vote here", and finally see the builds?! Seems kind of obtuse to me. Or, we have an inordinate amount of potential members out there!

Clearly my style of bike is not welcomed here ..
I don't know how you could think such a negative thought, that is one sweet ride that got my vote !
I would ride the wheels off of it...well as soon as my legs can handle it anyway...we welcome all styles of bicycle and the only thing I see wrong with your bike is you live in Jersey and I can't just run over and ride it out from under you ! "Great Build":rockout::113::bigboss:
Mark

What I find interesting is that, using kingfish's calculation method, there have been around 200 people who have voted....but the voting poll has had 4500 views! Even if all the builders of the final 88 viewed this thing twice a day for the past week, that only accounts for less than 25% of all the views. How do people outside of the ratrodbike.com community know to click on the forums, then the voting booth, then the "vote here", and finally see the builds?! Seems kind of obtuse to me. Or, we have an inordinate amount of potential members out there!
Clearly the other 75% belong to Kingfish. :forum: :21: :banana:

Clearly my style of bike is not welcomed here ..
o_O That's crazy talk, mister. :crazy: Yer bike lost a coin toss to Fordsnake when I voted.

So true.
Personally, I'm shocked that #3. 37 Elman Streamline Deluxe is not running away with the whole competition. It's so well designed, I don't think people realize that it's a hand made original bike! What a masterpiece! :praise:
epic, that bike is everything the grail bikes for collectors are missing in one woodshed with a touch of rust
P1060044.jpg

Perhaps plastering pictures of it all over Facebook might help your chances, it seems to be helping others.;)

I do not not ask my friends and family to vote for me , having some one join a web sight they may never come back to just to cast a vote is not my style .
Face it the Majority of you guys like it rusty and or old .
I'm not looking for a winning vote but i would expect some votes for clean build . Having less then i can count on my fingers at this time is crazy . If you put that bike in a public show i'm sure it would get more then nine votes ?
Every one of us would Love to see his or her's bike on the Banner for the web sight all year but if you really have fish for votes is it really an accomplishment of pride at that point ?
I know i'm asking a lot but the web sight has grown considerably , I really feel there should be a few categories :
Vintage Cruiser
Muscle Bike
Modern Cruiser
Scratch built ( fabricates there own frame ) (modifies frame )
And the builder can pick there category they wish to be in .

It always hurts to throw yourself into a build and get less than rave reviews. I agree, there are just too many different styles for one general class in a build off at this point. I do like the muscle bike build offs, they at least have a vague direction for the completed bikes. My question is, how much more work would it take to make up some classes for the annual build offs? Beyond your suggestions, I wouldn't mind seeing a motorized class and a completely out of the box class. Or, maybe instead of classes, there could be other specific build offs! I have seen enough members questioning how their bike is not getting any votes, to realize that the build off brings us all together and the voting seems to drive us apart.

You guys have a valid point about different classes,the spectrum of styles is so broad. But I don't understand being upset about not having many votes. I think we all pretty much built these things for ourselves, I know Artemus isn't pretty and trikes obviously aren't everyone's cup of tea but I'm happy I got votes.
I honestly never thought I'd get a single vote,but then I got 3. Under pressure has 8 last time I looked,if votes are important to you check the list again. There are bikes with 0 votes,or minimal votes and I'm baffled by some of them. The under pressure build is very cool,I'd personally ride the wheels off of it. But I wouldn't be upset about voting,if awards matter that much take it to some shows.

The voting seems to drive us apart.
I agree with this. People vote emotionally if no guidelines are present. No clear categories breeds dissent. I support category voting as well . 3 votes in each category(#?) would minimize the emotional lean, bringing more clarity, unity, and fun.:nod:

Last time I looked I had five votes, 2 more than last year, cool ! I have been doing build offs for 7 years , I do it for fun ( and a reason to get out to the garage) The only change I would like to see is categories, stock/modified frame and anything goes like before, voting is supposed to be fun..

I don't know why but the last two build offs (when anything goes and stock frame where combined) we get a lot of members after seeing the results wanting to go back to splitting the build off into two categories
But the months leading up to the build off there seems to be a lot of members who don't want the build off split
As for me personalty I really like the way we did build off 8
I wish we would go back to the split categories
The only other thing I can see us do is keep it the way it is with the top 3 highest votes and do a separate voting like what Renaissance Man set up but with the different categories

examples
Best:
Scratch built
muscle/chopper
klunker
modern (90's and newer?)
skinny tire (under 2.0)
oddball (non 26"/trike/tall)
photo
tank/tank insert

the list could go on

I think it would be cool if the voting was not done via secret ballot. I think a lot of us suspect, at least for a moment, that everybody is voting for themselves and 2 other bikes they think have no chance of winning. I'm pretty sure this is not the case, but it kind of feels that way when you look at the voting totals. I think it would be interesting to see who has voted, and who they voted for. In other walks of life I have found that people vote differently when that info is public.

After participating in four builds with differing formats, I also like the idea of having some categories. In watching build threads develop and when looking at final results I see a few different groups.
I see actual "rat rods", restorations, customs, motorized, theme bikes, scratch built and various combinations there of. There are some nice builds with few or no votes. There are builds that utilized high tech and low tech methods for fabrication, assembly and finish.
It would seem that multiple categories are in order. Maybe this would increase the total voting participation.

Latest posts

Back