(CLASS 1) Shelby Flyer Woody

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you considered skis and a track to ride it through the snow?
I'm sure it would get great traction with my weight over the back. And the way the thing glides through the corners, it might even be capable in the slalom....

Another supper creative bike built with basic stuff laying around the house . You nail it every time Mr Odd Job . Alway love your bikes ![emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Crash! You summed it up well. Warm, inviting and relaxing....

I especially like the one whee you Got Jimmy Carter to ride it ...

~Rafael~

I totally missed this post until the other day. I was glad I didn't have a mouthful of coffee when I read it. :21:

There is a little resemblance. I googled Jimmy Carter on bicycle and found this. Check him out. Looks like he's an avid cyclist. Sweet looking bike he's got too.

jimmy_carter_riv.jpg

I totally missed this post until the other day. I was glad I didn't have a mouthful of coffee when I read it. :21:

There is a little resemblance. I googled Jimmy Carter on bicycle and found this. Check him out. Looks like he's an avid cyclist. Sweet looking bike he's got too.

jimmy_carter_riv.jpg
Chad, did you see my response to the post before? "A younger Jimmy Carter, I might add!" He is a great man, and just beat cancer at age 90, so I'll take the resemblance anytime! Here is a side-by-side comparison. I have about 4 inches on him and probably 40 lbs, but we do share the "presidential chin" and a similar hairline.....

Last edited:
Nice work buddy!
This one was fun to follow.

As one build off ends, another is waiting in the wings.....one frame for the BO - 11 this summer, and one for the MBBO #5 next fall! Here's to a very Happy New Year one and all!:)

...oh, and my bike's cooler. :bigsmile:

Oh for sure and I'm guessing Carter didn't build his. Next to the pic it said it's a Rivendell. I looked them up and they're 2500 to 3k bicycles. Wasn't expecting to see him on such a fancy mount.

As one build off ends, another is waiting in the wings.....one frame for the BO - 11 this summer, and one for the MBBO #5 next fall! Here's to a very Happy New Year one and all!:)

Looking forward to BO 11 myself. I'd love to build a klunker but totally lose interest in the bike stuff during the winter. I have a 2001 Schwinn Panther I want to do a more "adult" bike with this year.

Latest posts

Back