Recent content by alleycruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. A

1962 AMF Roadmaster Sky Rider

Looking good. All the parts seem to fit nicely and make her more complete. Are ya likin' how she rides? I take my Skyrider out occasionally and tool around downtown and through the 'hood. The best part is the starry chainring......
  2. A

Haha! I put my Skyrider on the back burner while I work on a new to me JC Higgins tank bike. I got it from @kirkthomas on the Cabe. Too cold and snowy to ride here......
  3. A

Good to see ya back. Maybe you could use a fender brace from a 24 inch bike, or even a 20 inch. Diggin' the fork setup and waiting to see the final result, IF that ever happens. I'm constantly thinking about moving parts from one frame/ride to another. Spring is coming............
  4. A

The Old West (Late 1950s/Early 1960s AMF-built Western Flyer Sonic Flyer)

I have a very similar bike as this. Mine is a 61 AMF Skyrider, same color, same rear hub with Komet brake.I have a spare rear hub if you need parts. Mine had the same seat, but in terrible condition so I chucked it. It didn't have a tank or rear carrier, but did have the baskets like yours. The...
  5. A

I'm looking forward to some pics of the forks installed on your ride. And all the parts you had to get to make it work........
  6. A

Looks like the brake line would work just fine. I checked on the seat clamp a couple days ago. It's in SF California. Here's the tracking number. LH125128875US. I'm looking forward to more pics as you continue. Did you figure out the fork and make it fit the frame? I'm pretty much done with my...
  7. A

Looks like some good progress. Did you figure out how to make the springer work in the AMF frame? Also, are you planning to paint the springer to match or leave it black. I kinda like the black meself! Watching to see how you come up with your tire fix. I put some Kenda 2.125 tires on mine and...
  8. A

Hey, I have an extra seat clamp for the 5/8 seat quill if you don't have one yet. If you need it , send me your mailing address by PM.
  9. A

Maybe you can compress the spring and put a small bushing under the acorn nut and make it work that way? Or maybe a thick locknut of the same diameter and thread size under the acorn nut?
  10. A

That ride is lookin' good! I have the same one, just a '61 instead. I'll have some new 2.125 tires on Monday and hope to make them fit inside the peaked fenders. It's gonna be close, like yours. I was able to find a 5/8 seat clamp in my parts pile to install a seat as well. They are available...
  11. A

Yeppers, I tried to recover a seat with a piece of faux leather from a purse I bought at Goodwill. It was an old Troxel seat with a hard pan, without the springs like yours. I went ahead and bought a new/old seat from @Gordon on theCabe. Way easier.....Now I'm waiting for some new 2.125 tires...
  12. A

I cleaned and rubbed my frame with BLO and I'm thinking it's gonna stay that way.
  13. A

I just picked up this same bike, but 1961 in red. Prolly repainted but I'm gonna redo it anyway. I'll be watching your progress. I posted pics on TheCabe today under middleweight bikes. I'll try to get some on here tomorrow. Here's a couple before and after on my bench. I'm still not sure...
  14. A

My ratrodbike start

The fork came with the frame. It's the stock bend as far as I know, but I got it pre-owned.
  15. A

My ratrodbike start

Here's a pic of my newest build. It's mostly found/scrounged parts, and will be stretched and lowered this winter. Built from a Magna aluminum frameset and fork and some random rims, tires and added parts. This is my first build of this type. It's actually not bad to ride.
Back