Recent content by Bart52

1. Bart52

What have you been riding lately?

Rode the swamp with the mud, water and sand. Perfect place for "social distancing", and had 25 miles of riding to myself. Except maybe ...
  2. Bart52

Cool pic, never too early to introduce kids to the joys of biking.
  3. Bart52

I have too much tire clearence!

I figured that was the case.
  4. Bart52

Yikes, no thanks. I like a little cushion on my bikes.
  5. Bart52

It'll keep the tire clean.
  6. Bart52

Stopped for a coffee on my morning ride. No snow tires, but maybe I need some mud tires.
  7. Bart52

It's Just A Bike

I've ridden all my life and I'm now 57, and it has never been "just a bike". The freedom and joy riding gives me has made the bike greater than a simple wheeled mechanical transportation machine. This is a great initiative and I hope for its success.
  8. Bart52

As a fellow retiree, I too enjoy the ability to ride everyday and get the miles in. Although, I'm glad that there's no need for studded and snow tires here in eastern North Carolina.
  9. Bart52

Interesting free bike.

Looks like a good and cheaper start for a Rivendell clone
  10. Bart52

Gravel bikes

It's a world of difference between this and my SS Ogre. Needless to say, I'm not running the same gear ratio.
  11. Bart52

Gravel bikes

I spent more than I should have and put a White Industries eccentric rear hub on it. Ridiculously smooth and quiet making this light, for me, bike (23lbs as it sits) a dream to ride.
  12. Bart52

Studebaker Pedal Car

This build is so much more in every way then what I do with bikes; I think I need a different word for my "builds".
  13. Bart52

Gravel bikes

Conversion is complete, upright and singlespeed. I'll be riding this bike a lot more now; gravel and as a daily rider, urban assault bike.
  14. Bart52

Home Made Wooden Fenders

I kinda like the bling on the outside.
  15. Bart52

Surly Bicycles

That's it. The Pugsley only has 12.